off road lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

off road lights

I find that most of my posts have delt with saving money and still trying to have the most fun but hey that's what a poor college student has to do. I have been looking at Piaa 520's and I just can't spend the money. Are there any equivalent style lights that are of reasonably good quality and are half the price? I understand its a long shot but I am hoping there are.
Thanks,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a set of 40's on my truck and they are great. I didnt really need an extremely bright light but something that was better than the Hella's I had. If you check out the PIAA group purchase through Matt Adams you can get them even cheaper.

How bright are the Piaa 40s compared to the 520s. I really appreciate your help. I have been dying for some lights but I can't bring myself to spend a bunch of money.

I personally think they are bright, if you search this forum for PIAA 40's, I posted a pic of the lights at night.

I've got a set of kc comp daylighters, and they are bright!!! 385000 candlepower each. You can get 'em from summit racing (www.summitracing.com) for about $60 apiece, or you can get a kit with 150000 or so candlepower lights for about $80.

I have 14 KC lights on my truck, they do pretty good, 10 of them are the 165 watt Daylighters, I'm kinda in a class my own. Plenty bright like JDraper said. Good luck.

well its really more about how the headlight housing puts out the light... everyone of those lights is gunna use the same H3 bulbs... if u buy different H3 bulbs than the standard halogens ur light output will change but the main thing is what the lens is like... i changed from an offbrand (maxtels from a local store) to KC highlighters and theyre much brighter because the lens is clear rather than full of reflectors to bounce the light (which in turn dims it)... look for lights with a clear lens and u should be alrite... even though people dont like when the name is dropped, i think sylvania silverstars put out more light than regular halogens that come in fog lights... maybe not more light but a brighter color and makes more things visible... works for me

2456765_62_full.jpg

Back