Offical: Post your ST pics | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offical: Post your ST pics

New Exhaust

So I had the exhaust done last Friday morning. Removed the OEM resonator/muffler and had a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 installed. I also had a dual-outlet tip ran out the back. The whole job was done by the sweet grandma (Nelda) in the picture. She's one helluva welder, and runs Red's Muffler Shop in Urbana, IL. It sounds great, and I think that tip looks really good too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ That is awesome right there, a grandma welding in flowmasters!

All my grandma did was bake cookies.

So I had the exhaust done last Friday morning. Removed the OEM resonator/muffler and had a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 installed. I also had a dual-outlet tip ran out the back. The whole job was done by the sweet grandma (Nelda) in the picture. She's one helluva welder, and runs Red's Muffler Shop in Urbana, IL. It sounds great, and I think that tip looks really good too!

Looks good. Post a video so we can hear it.

Sport%20Trac%20Exhaust-1.gif

Small independent shops rock, and usually put Midas and other chain stores to shame.

How about some exhaust pics? Always nice to see pride in workmanship still exists. :thumbsup:

"New" Rims

Installed some STA rims last night that I bought from another STA owner. I love them. Big improvement over the OEM chrome-clad 18" wheels. I think they change the whole look of the truck.

Only dilemma I have now is deciding whether to change the color to black, anthracite/gray, or leave 'em naked/polished as they are now.

I'm planning on installing the black "bentley" grille and black STA-type headlights, so I'm also thinking of changing the color of the rims. I've seen them in black, and they look really good. I also think that black or gray would be a good contrast to the truck's White Suede color.

The ultimate thing I'd like to do to the rims is have them black-chromed. But I'm having a hard time finding a shop near me that does that. I found one that will powder-coat them, but they don't do any chroming/PVD services. I may Plasti-Dip them first to "test" the different colors to see if I like them before going a more permanent route like powder-coating/chroming.

Moreover, they have some scratches, corrosion, & general road wear on them. So doing something different like PD, powder-coat, or black-chrome would also cover up those flaws.

The transformation continues. In the last two weeks, I've repainted all of the black trim on the hood cowl, side steps, wiper arms, bed cleats, and rear bumper step. I also removed the roof rack, added black headlights, and a black grille. The final piece for the front end will be to add the amber "Iron Man" fog light housings.

The transformation continues. In the last two weeks, I've repainted all of the black trim on the hood cowl, side steps, wiper arms, bed cleats, and rear bumper step. I also removed the roof rack, added black headlights, and a black grille. The final piece for the front end will be to add the amber "Iron Man" fog light housings.
How did you remove the roof rack, and cover the mounts? I would love to do that to mine.

PM reply sent.

Last week changed my wheels and tires from oem 2011 explorer 20" wheels with 255/50/r20 to kmc km651 20" wheels with nankang conqueror at 275/55/r20 here the before and after

20140824_180431.jpg

ST.jpg

Would you happen to have part numbers for the Iron Man fog lights? Aside from the amber lenses, are they different in any other way from the OEM fog lights?
Part numbers are #7L2Z 15201 AA & #7L2Z 15200 AA, I searched for "Explorer Ironman Edition Fog Lights" on Amazon and the ones from the company "Depo" that I found fit perfectly with no condensation issues. To my understanding, everything up to the front doors on the 07-10 sport trac (other than the adrenalin model) is the same as the 06-10 Explorer.

Last week changed my wheels and tires from oem 2011 explorer 20" wheels with 255/50/r20 to kmc km651 20" wheels with nankang conqueror at 275/55/r20 here the before and after

20140824_180431.jpg

ST.jpg
Did you have to modify the 2011 Explorer wheels at all to get them to fit on the trac? Thinking of getting 20" 2012 Explorer Sport rims for my trac.

Did you have to modify the 2011 Explorer wheels at all to get them to fit on the trac? Thinking of getting 20" 2012 Explorer Sport rims for my trac.
I had to use some wheel spacers since the 2011 explorer wheels are 63.3 Center bore and The St is 70.5 center bore i recommend using 1 inch wheel spacers cause if you use 1/4 spacers the nuts won't have enough thread

K&N Air Filter
AVS Rain Guards
Iron Man Headlights
Truxxx Lift Kit
Magnaflow Exhaust/Stainless Steel Piping
Rockford Fosgate Amp and Subwoofer
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A K02

One year ago yesterday, I brought this 2010 Sport Trac Limited V8 4x2 home. She had a little over 71K miles on her then, and today the odometer showed around 90,300. It's been a fun truck so far.

Newly purchased last year:

And as you can see in the picture below, I've made a "few" changes. Mods so far:
  • Roof rack removed
  • Rear window deflector
  • Side window deflectors
  • 20" Adrenalin rims
  • Mustang rim "spinner" center caps w/"ST" logo inserts
  • Black "Bentley"-style grille
  • Added "ST" badge to the grille
  • Painted the chrome hood trim black
  • Black "Ironman/Adrenalin" headlights
  • Smoked fog lights
  • Sylvania SilverStar Bulbs in all exterior bulbs
  • Painted the third brake light housing w/VHT Red
  • Blacked out the chrome strip on the side steps
  • Tinted front windows 20% to match rear windows
  • K&N CAI
  • Zabteck P&P Throttle Body
  • Exhaust: Removed OEM resonator/muffler. Installed Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 muffler. Also cut tail pipe aft of the rear axle & ran a new tail pipe out the rear with a dual-outlet tip.
Many more to come...

Had this Sport Trac less than a year and made a few mods: Chrome grille, Bull Bar, Light Bar, Fog Lights, Adrenaline Headlights, Flex shifter and Cooper Destination HTP 265/60/18 tires. Would like to upgrade exhaust, wheels and brakes in the future.

IMG_20160629_204157_570.jpg

IMG_20160629_204240_962.jpg

IMG_20160629_204337_183.jpg

IMG_20160629_204359_414.jpg

IMG_20160629_204615_572.jpg

IMG_20160629_204459_369.jpg

Had this Sport Trac less than a year and made a few mods: Chrome grille, Bull Bar, Light Bar, Fog Lights, Adrenaline Headlights, Flex shifter and Cooper Destination HTP 265/60/18 tires. Would like to upgrade exhaust, wheels and brakes in the future.

Looks great! :thumbsup:

I'm new on this forum although I've used it for a while without a profile to find info - decided to join and say thanks for all the help over the years :) as well as post some pics on my ST.

So I don't think I've ever washed it, so do expect a show queen. However, this week I finally installed the Truxxx spacer, BTF control arms and a set of 1" hub and wheel centric spacers that have been sitting in my garage for about two years. I then went down to the tire shop and had an alignment and set BFG AT 265/70/18 tires put on. I took a big gamble with the tires because the OD is 32.6" and didn't know what would rub.

Turns out that I had to trim about 2" off the bottom of the inner plastic wheel well and now there is no rubbing at all with full lock and articulation in both direction. I've very happy with the final result - actually looks like a truck now. Stance is more aggressive, it's about 3" taller and the wheels sit flush with the fenders - just how I like it.

20161217_121958.jpg

20161219_165955.jpg

20161219_170007.jpg

20161219_170015.jpg

20161219_170022.jpg

So I don't think I've ever washed it, so do expect a show queen. However, this week I finally installed the Truxxx spacer, BTF control arms and a set of 1" hub and wheel centric spacers that have been sitting in my garage for about two years. I then went down to the tire shop and had an alignment and set BFG AT 265/70/18 tires put on. I took a big gamble with the tires because the OD is 32.6" and didn't know what would rub.
Looks great! Guess you had to cut a little off the wheel lugs with the 1" spacers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Jetmech - didn't have to trim the lugs. Both the hub lugs and the spacer lugs all fit and torqued down nicely.

I wish I had taken picks of the parts as I was installing them. 20/20 hindsight :)

Back