• Register Today It's free!

official roll pan thread

nnnick

Reaction score
City, State
Sandusky, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport (Expedition)
i started a thread in order to use as a petition to send to numerous companies to get a roll pan made, hoping in particular it will get explorer express' eye. Anyway the thread is here http://www.fordexplorer.net/viewtopic.php?t=820 and there are more details. I put it over there because the polls are really easy to use and set up, so sorry if it makes anyone mad i didnt post it here, im not playing favorites i just cant figure out how to do polls. Just go over there and vote, and leave your name and your email if you want (if you arent a member it only takes 10 min to become one), but i figure it couldnt hurt, lets give it a full go one last time before we all give up and make our own spending tons of hours on the f150 roll pans. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have seen ranger rollpans... would those be more practical to modify than ones from an f150?

Originally posted by jimabena74
i have seen ranger rollpans... would those be more practical to modify than ones from an f150?
no. the ranger pan does not wrap around at the ends like the 97-up F150 pan does. if we didnt have to make the pan wrap around at the ends, we could use virtually any pan.

So is the 1997 Ford F-150 roll pan the one to use is it the step side or fleetside or both could work. Wouldn't the middle have to be cut and shorten'd. Also can i get a pan that doesn't have a licence plate holder because mine is on the hatck like some Explorer's

To answer your ?, yes the 97 F150 pan would work as a starting point. I do not believe it matters which one you use, and yes they are avaiable without plate cut outs. Just keep in mind that a LOT of work will need to be done to make one of these fit correctly. I personally will wait a little longer to see if anyone bites on making one for us.:D

So about how many people would there be that would drop down $200-$300 for the pan right now to take down to the body shop and have installed?

You need to be a bit more specific. Is that $200-300 for a roll pan that needs to have the finish work done, or is that a roll pan that is ready for paint and installation?

I'd have to see it, but would most likely do it.

I'd say my limit would be about $250.

if someone makes a pan that will fit, my limit will be $2500.

thats how bad i dont want to make one myself.

Originally posted by james t
if someone makes a pan that will fit, my limit will be $2500.

thats how bad i dont want to make one myself.
And this is how bad I want to stick my boot up your ass for saying you'll pay that much. :mattmoon:

james T, send me the money ($2500) and i'll go ahead and get one made for u:D

Back