• Register Today It's free!

Offroad lights install in grille

BlakeWinstel

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer
Just was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how they mounted their off road lights behind the grille. I have been thinking about it, but I can't really figure anything out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[MENTION]therover1991 [/MENTION] I saw your lights installed in you grille, any tips?

I put these from Amazon......

IMG_1786.jpg

Here behind my grill without a ton of work....

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

Nice!

I put these from Amazon......

IMG_1786.jpg

Here behind my grill without a ton of work....

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

I never even thought about those as an option! That looks REALLY sweet. Do you have any night time light shots?

Nothing yet... I have to finish up the wiring.... I have a really bad habit of digging into projects that require about 20 minutes more than I actually have so my wife is probably planning an intervention. I will hopefully have some soon.

Looks good.
Seen where someone did the light bar at the top of the grille. Thinking very hard about doing the hidden lights also.

I just sold my bronco for a more "daddy" 4x4. I had my LED bar cut into the upper grill and I've been thinking about how I'm going to do that on this explorer. I've got to give this thing a more 4x4 look.

IMG_2719_zpsd8hzoudk.jpg

See page 51 of the 3rd Gen Pics thread to see how ExplorerKing installed his. I did mine the exact same way. Pretty happy with how they look.

UxvLW1Tl.jpg

JmKEaD7l.jpg

AZKxbudl.jpg

I did an install of 4 of these kinds of light in the grill. 2 flood and 2 spot beams.

Just need to figure out how to upload photos from a phone

I did an install of 4 of these kinds of light in the grill. 2 flood and 2 spot beams.

Just need to figure out how to upload photos from a phone

Interesting. Post pics when you can. Mos of the guys here have 2 aux lights only in the grille.

Hi there, guys! Nice pictures in the thread here. I've recently got some LED lights from ledoutfitters store. I will post my pictures here when I install them. I can't wait for it

Ended up mounting mine to the bar.

IMG_2958_zps259wvbbh.jpg

IMG_2928_zpsufuhwtkq.jpg

Nice truck DEEZ. Looks good.

Back