Offset for 275/55R20 tires on 20" rims | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offset for 275/55R20 tires on 20" rims

I have a 2002 Limited 4WD. I'm looking into 20" rims but I don't know what offset I need for tire size 275/55R20. Does anyone have any experience with this rim size and tire size. Will the tire rub or present any obvious problems. Anyone with pics of their vehicle with this configuration?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am the only one I know of that is running that size tire on the forum, but they are on a 2000. I am running a +38mm offset, which should be just about perfect on a 3rd gen. You can see pictures in the "for sale" link in my signature. Are you sure you want to run that large of a tire?

Tire size too big?

Regarding the "Am I sure" I want a tire that big...not really sure. My thought were that I could go with the 275/45R20 to maintain a similar overall diameter to what came from the factory but was thinking that this would leave the wheel wells with an "empty" look. I figured 275/55R20 would give a "fuller look" but was concerned about rubbing issues. Do you think the 55's would be more grief than its worth? Was wondering why you are selling your rim/tire set...do you think the 55's were a bad choice?

I want mud tires, that is the only reason I am selling mine. I WOULD put this size on a 3rd gen. People run 265/75/16s with no problems, and these are about the same size. This size should fill out the wheel wells preetty well. If you are getting this size, I would go with the Cooper Discoverer ATR- which is the most aggressive tire I have seen in this size.

ya i have a set of I have a Set of 20" 8 Mile Bone Crusher rims...that come with 20" gothic spinners for sale... Tires have 80% tread on them, they are Cooper Discover they 275/45/ R-20's ......... on 05 exlporer ..they clear no problem..i also have center caps for them if ur just llooking to get rims , but the spinners come with it .... they rub just a tad...i thought about goin 275/55 but they would rubb alot more , meaning id have to do some triming which looks like crap..

You pay the shipping you can have them for 1000$ lol

Back