• Register Today It's free!

Oh man the smell

Rage1973

Reaction score
City, State
Yuba City, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I have recently installed some sound deading stuff, but there seems to be a smell of tar still. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of it...besides take it out... :D . Thanks allot

Jeremy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm Assuming the smell is from inside the vehicle correct? If so was the product supposed to be installed in the body or outside? I'd look on the product can for the manufacturer's customer support # and give them a call. You may just need to wait several days for the product to fully cure. If the smell is still there after a few weeks then I'd try top coating it to seal in the smell...

It wasn't a liquid it was just like dynomat, actually it was called Thermodamp. I was just wondering if there was a certain sealent that someone might know of that will help. Thanks again in advance.

Jeremy

aww i thought from the name of the thread this was gonna be about the smell of MDF, my sub box is like 2 years old, but seriously everytime i turn her up i get a nice wiff of sub box....

The smell should go away within a week, just thank god its not summer :) If you really want to you can get some of the rubberized coating in a can and use that to spray a cover over your sound deadener (plus rubberized undercoating is a sound deadener), you can pick it up at walmart for about 4 a can if memory serves me correct.

Back