• Register Today It's free!

OH OHHH! System is Rebooting!

chimoman

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2011 Ltd
Well. So much for flawless. As I was backing out of the driveway the screen didn't show the camera view. It just stayed on entertainment. Then none of the buttons would respond.... then the screen went black. Then the performing system maintenance screen popped up. Twice in 10 minutes. Now my USB's can't be detected and my phone is dropping off the entertainment options. It stays connected as phone. Just can't stream music. Holy F#@k. I'm gonna lose it. Someones ass is about to start whistling Dixie. :thumbdwn::mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Were you supposed to get it done at the dealer and you did it yourself?

Yes. This is more than likely the reason the reflash is needed. Beta testing must have shown this. If so kudos to Ford. I will be getting the reflash done next week. Did a reset and its working great again. Hope the dealer install works.

Uh oh is right. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Mine hasn't frozen up and mine was done at dealer....

Mine kept doing th maintenance thingy and going black for a couple of months before the MFT completely died. It's at the dealer now waiting on a new APIM module, apparently dealer has replaced a few and had none left :( I'm afraid that the hardware is turning out to be as bad as the software is.

Well. So much for flawless. As I was backing out of the driveway the screen didn't show the camera view. It just stayed on entertainment. Then none of the buttons would respond.... then the screen went black. Then the performing system maintenance screen popped up. Twice in 10 minutes. :thumbdwn::mad:

Welcome to our world! Hope you get a quick fix.

I hate that people are so negative with what ford is doing, ethier the people complaining are not ford explorer owners AND JUST WANT TO GIVE FORD A BAD RAP !!!

1. When you buy a first year redisign vehicle you get plenty of glitches.
2. Ford is working hard to do right, you just can't fix something with out having it re disign by the engineer's.
3. Ford has listen to the issue and are getting right, and yes later models will be much better. Sorry that we where like ginny pigs but we bought first release models and unless we are buying a bently, masserate, etc... And even those have issues, so i'am just venting because it has not been a week yet and there are people already KNOCKING FORD and the fix give it a chance. I also have a 2011 explorer not many issues nor any horiffic ones but i have had some and thanks to the great dealership that i leased from all have been taken care of in a very prof, manner and well done, so again give it time !!! I dont work for ford just sick of all this *****ing, and that is why i always lease first year model's since 1998 im like first year models but i know they some time bring a headache !! JUST VENTING !!!

Chimoman has been pretty supportive of Ford's efforts to resolve- as evidenced by my sig line... :)

I have a 2012. Not the first year redesign. Here are my problems

1. MFT failure - reboots, sd card faults, navigation faults, black screen of death.
2. A pillar rattle.
3. Burning oil smell under hard acceleration.
4. Transmission air duct keeps falling off.
5. Noxious gases keep entering vehicle even when recirculation is on.
6. Grease on HID bulbs.
7. Heater goes out of control and won't respond to touch imput.
8. Inflatable rear seats do not allow 3 people to sit across in the second row.
9. Third row seat switches need a protective cover.
10. Transmission is starting to act up a bit.
11. Rain roof problem.

At what point in time do I earn the right to be disgruntled?

1. MFT failure - reboots, sd card faults, navigation faults, black screen of death.
2. A pillar rattle.
6. Grease on HID bulbs.
11. Rain roof problem.

Why not just get rid of the pos?

Ohhh. You're disgruntled. Lol. You've earned that right the day you bought it
it. As everyone else has as well. Lets get em.

I hate that people are so negative with what ford is doing, ethier the people complaining are not ford explorer owners AND JUST WANT TO GIVE FORD A BAD RAP !!!

1. When you buy a first year redisign vehicle you get plenty of glitches.
2. Ford is working hard to do right, you just can't fix something with out having it re disign by the engineer's.
3. Ford has listen to the issue and are getting right, and yes later models will be much better. Sorry that we where like ginny pigs but we bought first release models and unless we are buying a bently, masserate, etc... And even those have issues, so i'am just venting because it has not been a week yet and there are people already KNOCKING FORD and the fix give it a chance. I also have a 2011 explorer not many issues nor any horiffic ones but i have had some and thanks to the great dealership that i leased from all have been taken care of in a very prof, manner and well done, so again give it time !!! I dont work for ford just sick of all this *****ing, and that is why i always lease first year model's since 1998 im like first year models but i know they some time bring a headache !! JUST VENTING !!![/QUOTE

Hey,
Sounds like a young Chimoman. LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT. Dude, you're not seriously saying I'm giving ford a hard time. My nickname on here is Fanboy. Well that's one of them anyway:D

2. A pillar rattle.
6. Grease on HID bulbs.
11. Rain roof problem.

Right on! :salute: They didn't redesign it as an airplane, so it needs to be a product that can stand the test of time ....... Yea, and like you, mine is a 2012 also and has a ton of issues as well! :mattmoon:

Why not just get rid of the pos?

That's a rather naive comment. Pissing away 10k does not seem like the prudent thing to do. Against my better judgment I took a chance on ford. I am now suffering the consequences for that idyllic decision.

that's a rather naive comment. Pissing away 10k does not seem like the prudent thing to do. Against my better judgment i took a chance on ford. I am now suffering the consequences for that idyllic decision.

+1

Mine kept doing th maintenance thingy and going black for a couple of months before the MFT completely died. It's at the dealer now waiting on a new APIM module, apparently dealer has replaced a few and had none left :( I'm afraid that the hardware is turning out to be as bad as the software is.

Ya I was wondering why IVT said some of the earlier builds had to go back to the dealership instead of DIY.

Im guessing there is some software that wasn't loaded in the earlier builds thats not included in the USB package.

Loading the new software without it creates another bug.

My SYNCMYRIDE account shows this:

Request for SYNC Update Form

NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please print this form and take it with you to your dealership appointment.

NOTE TO DEALER: The customer is eligible for a SYNC update. Enabling this on the customer's SYNC unit requires dealer installation of software available on the PTS website.

Ya I was wondering why IVT said some of the earlier builds had to go back to the dealership instead of DIY.

Im guessing there is some software that wasn't loaded in the earlier builds thats not included in the USB package.

Loading the new software without it creates another bug.

My SYNCMYRIDE account shows this:

Request for SYNC Update Form

NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please print this form and take it with you to your dealership appointment.

NOTE TO DEALER: The customer is eligible for a SYNC update. Enabling this on the customer's SYNC unit requires dealer installation of software available on the PTS website.

Well done Sarge. You have just hit the nail on the head. This would explain why my system is jamming up and nobody elses is. Those who need that update I highly suggest you go get it. Or it's just going to cause you major problems in the future. Once again thanks my American/Canadian Brother from another mother.

Well. So much for flawless. As I was backing out of the driveway the screen didn't show the camera view. It just stayed on entertainment. Then none of the buttons would respond.... then the screen went black. Then the performing system maintenance screen popped up. Twice in 10 minutes. Now my USB's can't be detected and my phone is dropping off the entertainment options. It stays connected as phone. Just can't stream music. Holy F#@k. I'm gonna lose it. Someones ass is about to start whistling Dixie. :thumbdwn::mad:

Yes. This is more than likely the reason the reflash is needed. Beta testing must have shown this. If so kudos to Ford. I will be getting the reflash done next week. Did a reset and its working great again. Hope the dealer install works.
OK - so I'm confused. Did you have the MFT upgrade done by the dealer?

I checked mine yesterday and found that I have to take mine to the dealer. So, I will get the roof fix and A-pillar fix done at the same time.

Guy's 2011,2012 were short builds years explorer thats why ford jumped right into the 2013 model year, these will be better build and issue less than all prior ones. I'm not saying that anyone here is giving ford a bad time, but we where ginny pigs sorry to say but i feel that way and i trust that ford will do the right thing !!!!! My 2cents !!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back