OHV Top End Refresh. 410 Cam? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OHV Top End Refresh. 410 Cam?

Update. I've got about 700 miles on the cam now. All is well. Replaced the sender and gauge reads good. Truck runs well. I think off the line power is better than it used to be considering 33s and 3.73s. Stock it seems like power slowed down after 3k rpm but honestly now it seems like 3000-3500rpm power keeps climbing. No dyno of course but I'm happy with it. The new components got rid of all lifter tick. MPG seems like it's down a touch. From 12mpg to 11mpg. I'm considering looking into tune options. To perhaps improve MPG a touch and get the full benefit of the cam. Any suggestions on suppliers and tuners that work on the old OHV still? Would be nice to get firmer shifts out of the 5r55e to help it live longer too.
how do you survive 33s and 373 LOL!!! not sure if they're still around but the known tuner for explorers was bamachips not sure if still around. think the owners name may have been doug? not sure. i assume they work on the OHV, not sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You really need 4.56 gears to get your engine back in the power band with those 33's, your MPG will then improve
Money well spent vs a tune

Also is your odo accurate with this setup? Your fuel calculations may be skewed if the speedo is off

4.88s are definitely a goal and plan. Just not sure when I'll get the money together for the parts and install.

4.88s are definitely a goal and plan. Just not sure when I'll get the money together for the parts and install.
4.88s and some forced induction.

& nitrous plus a line-lock for the front discs.

Back