• Register Today It's free!

Oil leak help ASAP

TexasBoy

Reaction score
City, State
Pearland Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport
Has any 1 had problems with an oil leak from the oil pan on a 1991 ex? I need help ASAP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no not yet. i plan on it, but im not sure if thts where the leak is. i may this weekend when i replace the radiator.

check to make sure the valve covers are not leaking and running down the engine before you rip the pan off. That is a common problem with the gen1's

thnx. i just got my ex for about 700 its n ok condition minus the oil leak and the radiator

Mine has the prob with leaking valve covers. I have the gaskets, just haven't had time to rip into it and change them. Pain to get all the intake stuff off.

Mine has the prob with leaking valve covers. I have the gaskets, just haven't had time to rip into it and change them. Pain to get all the intake stuff off.

yeah, it looks intimidating, but its not too bad. Just make sure you have a new upper intake gasket, I think the newer VC gasket kits are coming with them but if you didn't get one, you will need to.

thnx guys this has been useful ima check it out this weekend

Let us know what you find :thumbsup:

Back