Oil Leak that i really need help with...Pics included | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil Leak that i really need help with...Pics included

IMG_3086_zps9a0d07e3.jpg
This is right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you so much man. That really clears things up. You did this on an explorer, right? It seems like there is absolutely no room.
That's why I got there trough wheel. After you remove one bolt that holds an A/C line and slide that out of way (a couple inches), you can fit your left arm with a socket wrench in there. Not comfortable, but doable.

Alright, I got it fixed. It was the Oil Pressure Switch like you guys told me. I went to Oreilly's and picked one up for $6. Here's pics:

IMG_3086_zps9a0d07e3.jpg

The old one
IMG_3086_zpsfc83513c.jpg

I used two extensions to reach it, and used a deep well socket 1-1/16"
IMG_3101_zps6c445106.jpg

Old and new side by side
IMG_3103_zps7f633fbb.jpg

Thank you to everyone who helped and threw pictures in to show me exactly what I was looking at.

-Brandon-

That's why I got there trough wheel. After you remove one bolt that holds an A/C line and slide that out of way (a couple inches), you can fit your left arm with a socket wrench in there. Not comfortable, but doable.

You were right man. I pulled that wheel off and pulled the plastic wheel well back a little, disconnected that nut that hols that line on, because theres no other way to do it, sprayed some brake cleaner in there to clean it up a little and then it was done. It's a bare to get in there, but once you figure it out it's cake. Thanks for all your help.

Hope that was it...

Back