Oil n Water in Plug wells | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil n Water in Plug wells

jeepnutz

Reaction score
62,000 miles ago I had a new engine replaced in my 2002 Ford Explorer (v8). I was getting misfire’s due to oil and water getting into my plug wells and seeping down to the plug. I just found out from the auto shop that my gasket on my intake manifold was the problem. Should this be covered by my warranty, probably not since the newly remanufactured engine's warranty was only good for 36,000 miles or 3 years...... both have expired. How much $$ am I looking at for the repair.
thanks in advance,
Dave

Oil would be valve covers, coolant would be instake manifold, what cyclinders is oil in, is it next to the oil cap, could of been a sloppy oil change with residue.

Not sure of the firing order but it's mainly the two on the passengers side closes to the firewall. Oil and water mixture.

I was told by the auto shop that replaced the engine that it would cost around $1000 to replace the cracked intake manifold. When I asked how much for the manifold he told me he could put a Dorman manifold on for $466 not counting labor.... I did some internet research and found one on Amazon for $153, I'm having it shipped to him by overnight delivery.... A savings of $313 go fig! :D

Back