Oil whoops | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil whoops

I dont know if i could qualify it as a Whoops but i've found this sludge in my engine. First I let you know that the truck is parked since september 2007 and I start it only 2 times a week for 15-30 minutes in the parking. The engine dont seems to lost the coolant but do you think that it could be humidity in oil due to the fact that the truck dont go out of my parking lot?
Thank you to help me solve this Whoops!!

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, my dad used to work in refinerys and after he saw penzoils refinery he said he would never buy it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have also heard bad things about penzoil, not sure if its true tho.
One of the mechanics had a turbo apart and on his bench and I asked what was with all the gunk in it and all he said was Penzoil.
For what it's worth, I was a true blue Penzoil user for years. Until I saw a buddy's V8, on an engine stand, just filled with black gooey gunk. That was the last time either of us used Penzoil. I'd rather use the .99 a quart stuff from Dollar General than Penzoil.

a buddy of mine used penzoil synthetic in his motor....... once. it was a stroked 400 dodge that he spent about $15,000. two days later it started to knock. we pulled the oil, and it was sparkling (bearing material). we sent a sample in to get analyzed. they told us it had the viscosity of cooking oil! it was supposed to be 10w 30. he only had about 10 thousand kms on it.

Yea we run Valvoline and the Max-life oil,,,,,, ^^:ca:I thought yao call it "Petro"?

Back