Ok..I need some help here...with mobile video | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ok..I need some help here...with mobile video

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I have a indash flip out monitor, with a play station 2 hooked up, I have to use a fm modulator to hear the sound..you know on your tuner tune it to 88.9 or whatever to hear the sound comeing from the ps2, well I have three questions

1)I have a pinoeer 7200 head unit, I was wondering if there is a way to hook up the audio from the ps2 into the back of the head unit so I dont have to use a fm modulator, so the sound is better?

2)I want to put a flip down monitor in the back, how would I go about running the wires to the rear monitor? do you just Y off the video and run it to the monitor in the back too?

3) How do you mount the rear hanging flip down monitor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, First if your Pioneer headunit has a CD Changer control feature you can buy a cabel that ends in RCA Cables to hook up to your PS2 or DVD Player or whatever.
As far as the video cable to the rear screen you can run a Y cable to split the signal, you may need to by a box that splits the signal and amplifies it if the signal is to weak.
Mounting the rear screen can be a pain...I get my 7" flip down today so I will let you know how my install goes.

do you by chance know where you can buy the cable?

With no changer installed you need a CD-RB10. With a changer installed you need the CD-RB20. The adaptor plugs into your IP bus port on the HU. Do a web search to find it or your local best buy or curuit city may have it. Hope this helps.

Here is a link for the zeb. They have the cd-rb10 for 29.99

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/pioneer_stereo_receivers.html

Have the cable

You may find this hard to believe....but I have the Cable. I bought the wrong one and they wouldnt let me return it. I paid $50.00 for it, make me an offer?

Pete

I just found this out today that I can turn on the aux on my head unit, so do you think that I can just plug in the yellow and white of playstation into the back of the head unit?? Or do I still need the cable?? If i still need the cable..how about 25 shipped to my door, are you sure this is the one that I need for a pioneer deh 7200?

The aux in is when you use the adaptor connected to the IP bus

so why cant I just plug the playstation 2 into the back of the head unit..and turn it to aux..or are you sayin I have to buy the adapter and plug the ps2 into that then into the headunit?

There are no RCA Connectors to the back of your headunit. You need to Cabel that plugs into your Deck and ends in RCA plugs.

The jacks you may be thinking of are probably the sub out jacks. Im 99% sure your going to need the IP adaptor. Look at your owners manual. Im sure it talks about aux in.

Back