Okies!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Okies!!!

Thats cool as long as you stay on the area your buddy owns. Just because you don't get caught does not make tresspassing legal though. You might want to get you buddy to give you something in writing stating you have permission to be on his land, that way when you do get caught (it will happen) you can prove you had permission to be there.

never thought of that actually... ill either do that or just have him with me when we go out wheelin. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah, been busy and haven't checked the thread here lately! Wheelin sounds fun, but we all know there isn't many places to go...wait, I don't wheel, LOL

Matt, is was very nice to meet you the other night (despite the weather, time, circumstances, and um, oh yea that damn mist!). I appreciate yea taking time out of your work schedule to talk with me and show me the ex! It's looks great man, again, great job!! Guys, I had never seen a 5.0 conversion in person running before, and that thing sounds MEAN!! Awesome job man. And still interested in the road trip!

Update to Blue: This past weekend has sucked by far the worst in a while. Blue still sits in the garage because I was called into work yesterday (and what a great day to :mad: ) so not a single tool has touch it. ::sigh:: oh well, I have all week to do it little by little. But I think I am still on track for having Blue up and going for good by halloween. But I gotta tell ya'll, driving the explorer again after sitting for 10 months was a great feeling. I miss all the rattles, creaks, pops, clunks, and shimmies that I know and love (and hate lol).

And matt saw, but I picked up a couple of toys in my recent trip to Cincinnati last weeked that I have yet to see in a first gen...If I can get it to work :D Stay tuned guys and keep in touch!

Hey guys just thought i would pass this along, but im having an engine pulling party at my place this saturday, october 24th. Well not so much a party, but a place where there will be beer and good music and the fact i need as many hands as possible so i can get my explorer back on the road. If interested, just message me on here if you want to come. Will prolly last till like 8 or so cause i do have to be somewhere afterwards. Thanks guys!
Posted via Mobile Device

Now that the ice is gone, and all we have is the rain to make things a little slippery... any updates on an Okie-X Club, or meet up?

:chug:

Hello EMT-X, how are you? I see your in midwest city, how is that with the earthquakes lately?

Hi Nice59, I'm great thanks for asking. As for the quakes, I'm originally from California, honestly havn't even noticed them! lol

Now that the ice is gone, and all we have is the rain to make things a little slippery... any updates on an Okie-X Club, or meet up?

:chug:

if anyone wants to go wheelin im up for it! :thumbsup:
tho not many okie guys here wheel apparently...:thumbdwn:

I'm up for wheelin, I'm building my X for that purpose!!
:roll::hammer:

I'm up for wheelin, I'm building my X for that purpose!!
:roll::hammer:
:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Lemme know when you get your X lifted and rollin. Maybe we can have a meet sometime if anybody else is interested.

Even though my rig (if you can call it that, lol) isn't designed for wheeling, i'm game for some of the bunny slopes, or whatever you 4x4 people are calling it these days :D

It kinda sucks though that everyone is so spread out in the state, which i think makes it hard for just weekend meetups. But the idea is still alive, we just need to post some flyers on explorers everywhere at Sonic's and Braum's, lol.

Oh, and I know I am backlogged on like 3 different write ups, but here is my latest addition to my truck... 30 bucks at an auto salvage is flippin sweet for the entire 2nd gen console!

18139_601442792101_44013058_34622075_3673305_n.jpg

Even though my rig (if you can call it that, lol) isn't designed for wheeling, i'm game for some of the bunny slopes, or whatever you 4x4 people are calling it these days :D

It kinda sucks though that everyone is so spread out in the state, which i think makes it hard for just weekend meetups. But the idea is still alive, we just need to post some flyers on explorers everywhere at Sonic's and Braum's, lol.

Oh, and I know I am backlogged on like 3 different write ups, but here is my latest addition to my truck... 30 bucks at an auto salvage is flippin sweet for the entire 2nd gen console!

18139_601442792101_44013058_34622075_3673305_n.jpg

i actually just thinkin about that the other day!

btw, im diggin the blue on your dash and the door.
i was wanting to do that on mine but doing the red/maroon on my 93 EB.

Didn't even notice this thread before lol. Wife & I are in Tulsa area... basically stock 98 EB lol. Don't think it will be hitting any trails... but I'd love to meet up with some of you guys sometime.

Hey you guys i'm in the OKC area. My name is matt and Nathan notified me about this thread. So i decided to see whats up.

Red.Eddie, the console is actually pretty dang easy to fit in. Take everything out for the old console, bolt the new bracket in, and clide it on. You're done! LOL, now wiring is a completly different issue, and I still haven't got it all squared away yet. But thanks for the blue accent!

if your lookin to find even more people there is a forum thats based in tulsa.
www.Tulsaoffroad.com im pretty sure. ive been on some trails and come across them a few times. they have a crazy caravan of heeps, chevys a few fords, and even a 73 super beetle thats got some big M/Ts in the rear. so basically redneckin wheelin. there is one guy tho who is on this forum also whos got a big first gen with a solid axle who can do about anything. pretty sure hes in sand springs.

Sorry it wasn't nathan it was Russell.lol

TulsaOffroad is awesome, but does anyone know of good OKC areas to Ride Trails, Climb Rocks, and Sling Mud?

Hope everyone is safe and warm during this ice storm! Be safe!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back