Okies!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Okies!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys, here in Okie thinking that having our own is a great idea!!!! Any updates?

Cool! Nice to see some more folks from Indian Territory!

Hey, also Seth was mentioning someing (hope I can pass this along bud :salute: ) but there is the Tulsa State fair goin on the first of October I believe. I know hopefully I should have Blue up and goin by then, but we should all meet up, have a good time, drink some beers and talk about explorers...cause we all know there isn't much else to do in Okie-Land, lol.

And just a little teaser:

10625_584712888961_44013058_34056771_3536054_n.jpg

Some one built a pretty Motor

Hey Okie guys, whats up with "Little Sahara"? Is that for rails and 4 wheelers or can 4x4's run there too? If the 4x4 can use it, I'm up for a road trip from Little Rock, I'd be happy to meet up with y'all.

yea i just got done glancing at their website and it seems a roll cage is needed

"Dune buggies and 4x4 vehicles must have a ROLL BAR sufficient to support the weight of vehicle and must have a seat belt for every passenger."

Ahhh I see this. But you gotta remember something, we are Okies... And sometimes we don't abide by the rules. If there is nobody at the gate doing an inspection, I would imagine you can just drive on in...

has anyone ever gone to the trails in Sand Springs? i was just there today and was curious if anyone wanted to meet up there some time. thanks

hmm never heard of them is there a website?

I don't think there is one. There are miles of "power line" trails that go up and down fallowing the massive powerlines up and down rocky hills and such. And there are plenty of trails in the woods with mud pits along the way and some washouts that really test your suspension flex. I was there a few days ago and saw nothing but big trucks and jeeps, then I wanted to rally up some off road explorer guys to go with sometime.

has anyone ever gone to the trails in Sand Springs? i was just there today and was curious if anyone wanted to meet up there some time. thanks

The Sand Springs area is private property and is not open for public use. Yes, people use it, but that does not make it legal. If you are caught anywhere on the property you will be subject to fines and or possible arrest/ vehicle impoundment. PLEASE do the offroad community and this site a favor and refrain from using this area.

I live right by some sands springs trails. I go back there and shoot sometimes. Never had any problems. The guy that owns it is an ass trying to dig a quarry there regaurdless of the near neighborhoods that would be affected.

But yeah. It isn't public. So it's at your own risk.

The Sand Springs area is private property and is not open for public use. Yes, people use it, but that does not make it legal. If you are caught anywhere on the property you will be subject to fines and or possible arrest/ vehicle impoundment. PLEASE do the offroad community and this site a favor and refrain from using this area.

A good friend of mine owns a portion of that land. I'm cleared for it, but I've never been stopped by he police for wheeling there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But yeah. It isn't public. So it's at your own risk.

NO its not "at your own risk". It is private property and is not open for public use, nor should you recomend it is on an open forum.

A good friend of mine owns a portion of that land. I'm cleared for it, but I've never been stopped by he police for wheeling there.

Thats cool as long as you stay on the area your buddy owns. Just because you don't get caught does not make tresspassing legal though. You might want to get you buddy to give you something in writing stating you have permission to be on his land, that way when you do get caught (it will happen) you can prove you had permission to be there.

Back