Oops, Explorer swimming. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oops, Explorer swimming.

Title speaks for itself. Only permantent damage so far is a dent in the driver side door and I think I shorted my tranny temp gauge. Power everything is working properly, tranny shifted weird coming to a stop all the way home, but should be fine. You can see in the pics the water line on the back of the hatch area. That line crossed my open window when I went through the deep part, I definitley got wet. There is a vid but I don't know how to post them. I'll email if people are interested.

Byrd
1303oopsii.jpg

1303oops.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im it to me... VT Hydroxy

thanks =P

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That was pretty sweet, although I didnt get any sound on mine.

No sound on that one I don't think.

I got the big one from Byrd and just converted it to a small Windows Media File and it is now just under 9 megs. So if 99explorer will host this one I have it.

Ed

EDIT: I just realized the sound gets unsynched with the video less than half way through... I'm going to play with the converter and see if I can fix that.

i really wanna know how you made it that far!!!!!

I can host.... IM me the file

hahaha you psycho!!!!

Good effort....got hung up at the end....man that sucks!!!

I hope you didnt get water in teh gas tank.....

How long did it sit in there before you got pulled out?
Did you even think about how you were gonna get back if you did make it?

I can guarantee you I wouldnt have tried that.....although you did it right keeping those RPM's up...what you needed for that extra little push was an outboard! hahahaha.....Lock the front and you might have pulled up that gooey edge....

Only sat there 5 minutes while we got the winch hooked up. She's running great so appears no water in the gas tank.

water goes to the top of gas or is it the other way around??

Wouldnt be a bad idea to drain the tank......

I had to convert it with a different program so now it is a little over 10 megs but this one is much better than the other I did.

The little one is on the way... that one should be better for you modem users! :)

Thanks to Hydroxy for hosting!

Ed

Link doesn't work for me. It's asking for authentication (username and password)... Did I miss a post with instructions? I wanna see! LOL! :p

USERNAME???
PASSWORD???
ok i saw the small clip HOLY BALLS!!
how do i get the big one?

sorry about that.. try now

:eek: :eek: :eek: LMAO!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

That is unreal! The first clip doesn't even scratch the surface of what you did! OMG! You've got way bigger balls than I thought. There's no way I could have brought myself to put it in reverse after that first dip! The only capper I can think of would have been for a fish to pour out when you opened the door at the end! Absolutely incredible that the truck still goes! When I heard the power steering groaning, I thought you might be in trouble....

...shaking my head in disbelief.... LOL!

I have a question.. what on earth was the chainsaw noise in the background all about?!

are you still cleaning it out?

The dude in the video says it best "Holy ****!!!"

Yeah, its still a little wet, but everything is basically fine. The chainsaw was cutting some stumps so the Jeep could get around to pull me out.

Back