• Register Today It's free!

Order Times???

Mlebout

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Does anyone have a recent experience in ordering and delivery time for 2014 Explorer Sport? I live in Quebec, Canada?

Not sure if I should order exactly what I want or find one with options I really don't need, from existing inventory.

Thanks,

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Too late to order a 2014. I ordered my 2014 XLT, 4WD, w/tow on 12/17/13, 4wd problems caused a delay of build to 3/8/14. Then weather and rail strike delayed delivery until May 24, 2014. Unusual, normal wait time is 8-10 weeks. I suspect delivery of a 2015 ordered now will be delivered in September due to the popularity of the Sport and the number of orders already received. Be patient, it will be worth the wait.

Welcome to the Forum Mlebout.:wavey:
As KnobCreek mentioned, it is too late to order a 2014 model. Orders closed a couple of months ago. If you want a 2014, you will have to buy one off the lot.
Production of the 2015 models began June 2nd. I'm guessing if you ordered now, you'd likely be looking at a delivery around the end of August or early September. It depends upon a number of orders already received. I believe there have only been 1 or 2 orders mentioned on this forum. Not much has changed on the 2015 except the Sport had a few more items added. The 2016 is supposed to be a 'redesign' according to most sources I've seen.

Peter

Thanks for the responses.

I looked all over the the Province and couldn't find one with only the options I wanted. So, got a dealer transfer with all the options. My present vehicle term finishes the end of June, so couldn't wait for 2015's.

It should be here next week... :)

It sounds like you have a lease. If so, you could have extended your current lease by ordering a 2015 now. The lease on my 2011 Explorer would have been up next March. The dealer told me that if I wanted a 2016 model which likely wouldn't start production until June 2016, I could extend my lease as long as I ordered the 2016 in March before my lease expired.

Peter

It sounds like you have a lease. If so, you could have extended your current lease by ordering a 2015 now. The lease on my 2011 Explorer would have been up next March. The dealer told me that if I wanted a 2016 model which likely wouldn't start production until June 2016, I could extend my lease as long as I ordered the 2016 in March before my lease expired.

Peter

It's a consumer finance option from Jeep. I could extend it, however my brakes and tires are almost done. Also, the Ford dealer has offered more than any other dealer for my Grand Cherokee.

Because of the new make over coming in 2016, I am leasing. So, I am not stuck with it in 3-4 years...

Thanks though...

Okay, I understand. I'm also looking at the 2016 and rather than go through the order/extension on my previous 2011 Limited, I took the 2014 MKT on a 3 year lease since the dealer made it so attractive. That lease is up April 2017 which is toward the end of the 2016 model year so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a deal on one then.

Peter

Back