OURAY and MOAB July 5-7! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OURAY and MOAB July 5-7!

biggs85, I've done Poison Spider Mesa several times and am wanting to do a trail that I have not done yet that morning. How capable is your rig? Would you be interested in running Cliffhanger with me instead? If you are staying a few days you can always hook up with someone else at the City Market any morning and do Poison Spider; it's a popular trail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gerald

Hey I sold my house so I will be moveing this weekend but if I have it all done maybe I will head down with you in Moab on the weekend.

My rig is fairly capable but not for the real hardcore stuff. I read in the guide to Moab trails about Cliff Hanger and it seems a little out of my league. In my mind I could probably make it but I don't want to bang up my daily driver. If there are bypasses for the really hard parts then I'd go for it. The mods that I have done are a 2" body lift, 2" suspension lift, and 31" BFG all terrain tires. I'm planning on getting a Powertrax No-slip but not before this trip.

What about Elephant Hill? Are you looking for someone to go with on Sunday too?

Yeah Cliffhanger would be a bit much for you. Unfortunately I do not know when I will be arriving Sunday evening but for sure it will be way too late to go to Elephant Hill. If you have a chance be sure and run it, it is a very fun trail. But it is 1.5 hours out of Moab, so a 3 hour round trip to do it plus the time on the trail makes it an all day run. I figure arriving maybe 5pm Sunday afternoon and might do a quick local run to Gemini Bridges or something easy and quick like that before the sun goes down.

Brian, I am sorry we'll miss each other. I would have enjoyed running with you again. Wade, hope to see you in Moab. I'll be trying out your locker :)

Gerald,
Where and when do you want to meet on Sat.?

How about doing Fin's-n-Things on Monday then, if you can't find anyone to do Cliffhanger?

biggs85, that's a great idea.
Mike, how about meeting at the Hot Springs Pool parking lot on the north side of downtown Ouray, 8:30 or so? 9:00?

Works for me. I'll see you there.

I am moveing this weekend so hope to be done my that weekend and will try to meet you guys in Moab. If I do not make it take lots of pictures.

Sorry Gerald but I found out that I will only be able to stay from Friday till Sunday probably leaving Sunday morning. Maybe we'll meet for the Moab trip in September. Hope ya have fun with the wedding and other 4 wheeling trip this weekend.

Back