P0720 Code, O/D Off Flashing. Shifting issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0720 Code, O/D Off Flashing. Shifting issues

check the wiring at the sensor and make sure it is in good condition, and trace the wires back and make sure it is not frayed or damaged along the way. As stated before, it sounds as if the sensor is losing communication with the car.

check the wiring at the sensor and make sure it is in good condition, and trace the wires back and make sure it is not frayed or damaged along the way. As stated before, it sounds as if the sensor is losing communication with the car.

I'll look into that. From what I could see of the wiring harness, It looked to be in good shape. Where does the wiring go? Does it go to the PCM under the hood, or into the dash??

I don't think anything is wrong with the transmission itself.

Its sounds like you are just losing the OSS sensor signal, if you have already replaced the sensor I would think it could be the connector or wiring. A scanner that can read the data stream can help catch the glitch and you can use it to find the failure by moving and pulling on the wire harness and connector while watching the scan tool for the drop in signal. Obviously it would help to have a lift it being a AWD but maybe you have a option for neutral on the transfer case, not sure about that.

I have the same problem!

Where is the OSS sensor and can a shadetree replace it???

What is the cost of the sensor??

Thanks, Chuckwagon

Back