• Register Today It's free!

Park assist

sgparnes

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited WMetTr/Pecan
Every time I try to use the park assist(automatic parking) I get "searching for space on right side". How can I get it to look on left side or look at both sides?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To have it look on the left side, put your left blinker on.

Every time I try to use the park assist(automatic parking) I get "searching for space on right side". How can I get it to look on left side or look at both sides?
From the Owner's Guide;
To designate which side of the street to search on, use the turn signal to indicate which side of the vehicle the APA will park. (If the turn signal is not on, the system will automatically search the passenger side.)

Peter

Please Read your owners manual!

if everyone read the manual. no one would be here in this forum!! ;)

^ lol, and what would be the fun in that?! :D

Is there a way to tell it you are next to a space? I turned it on the other day, just for fun, and went past a double space without it "seeing" it. Other times I have driven past a perfectly fine single space without it "seeing"it.

Is there a way to tell it you are next to a space? I turned it on the other day, just for fun, and went past a double space without it "seeing" it. Other times I have driven past a perfectly fine single space without it "seeing"it.

short of backing up to let it see it, I know of no way to prompt it. I think the reason is the system has to measure the space so it knows when to initiate the various maneuvers.

Back