• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Window

flash041

Reaction score
City, State
Monona WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
My passenger front window wont roll up. It goes down with both switches but not up. all other windows work as they should.We have a winter storm warning, so I need to get my window up ASAP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I pulled the door apart. I found power going to the motor in either the up or down Position, but it wuold only go down.When I hooked an external source of power it went both ways,up and down, elimaniting the motor.There are tro other wired going to the switch that ack as grounds. the down one was grounded, but the up wire,brown with blue stripe, was not grounded.It goes back to the master switch.That leads me to belive the problem is there.Any one have a wiring diagram or ant ideas?

the window run can bind it or the regulator is busted and pinching the window into the run or the motor in stripped inside causing and does not have the power needed to lift it.

A lot of electrical issues can be traced back to broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot between the body and the driver's door. I found a broken wire and repaired it and all is back to normal!

Here is the thread for removing the door panel: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=303524

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Take your time looking for broken/damaged wires. Sometimes they are tough to find.

Here is a great link for troubleshooting the power windows, thanks to theofam for this great link Dead Link Removed

Here is the diagram for the power window control system. Sorry about the size. I wanted you to be able to read it.

PowerWindowControlSystemDiagram.jpg

Hope this helps out! :biggthump

waskley, I know the regulator and motor are ok. The problem is no ground to the switch.I will check the continunity in the ground wire. If thats good. I think its the master switch. Ill check it out when it gets warmer, winter had returned! I did get the window back up with another battery.

waskley, I know the regulator and motor are ok. The problem is no ground to the switch.I will check the continunity in the ground wire. If thats good. I think its the master switch. Ill check it out when it gets warmer, winter had returned! I did get the window back up with another battery.

damn i miss read your post, just take a multi meter and make sure both circuits have continuity from the pass window switch to the drivers, if they do, you need a switch if they dont you have a broken wire thats probably touching ground.

Back