PATs issue, Broken part, need identified | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PATs issue, Broken part, need identified

Zackie

Reaction score
City, State
Flat Rock, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SporTrac
Can anyone identify this Green piece? We’re trying to figure out what it’s called as it’s caused my explorer sport to get stuck in Anti Theft as it’s snapped in half

E1FA1FC5-3A84-492E-A816-87376F0A94DE.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The blue piece is the PATS receiver. If nothings missing besides the locking tab etc, try to tape it back in place and start the engine. My 98 Mountaineer had that issue for some time, before I discovered that piece fallen away from the key cylinder. I taped it back where it belonged, and it's always started since then. I'd use RTV if I have that issue again, electrical tape will let go eventually.

The blue piece is the PATS receiver. If nothings missing besides the locking tab etc, try to tape it back in place and start the engine. My 98 Mountaineer had that issue for some time, before I discovered that piece fallen away from the key cylinder. I taped it back where it belonged, and it's always started since then. I'd use RTV if I have that issue again, electrical tape will let go eventually.
We tried too but it failed, Thank you for the help

You should hunt a used one then, it does look like some piece of it is missing.

You should hunt a used one then, it does look like some piece of it is missing.
Oh it is when we pulled the ignition cylinder 5 broken pieces of it fell out

Back