PATS rfid keys

MotorCityFats13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Flatrock MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT 4.0L
I bought some keys off ebay and they did not come with chips it was quite a disappointment so I never did anything with them... the other day I was bored and decided to walk the local junk yard... I noticed a 2004 explorer with the column all taken apart... what caught my eye was the rfid by-pass loop hanging loose from the column from a remote start install. So I decided to follow the wires and guess what I found the key box... and inside was a key! I was so happy! I took the key to work the next morning and started grinding slowly and was able to remove the RFID chip and inserted it into one of my blanks... today I got my 2 blanks cut.... $3.50 each WTF ouch.... got home and programmed it and now I have 3 keys so I can start planning on getting the alarm/remote start I want to install.... does anyone know what the junk yards do with the keys they get from the junker cars... I need 1 more chip but I also want to start removing the chips and collecting them.... its just too much work locating cars/trucks with remote starts and the RFID chips alone off ebay are way over priced! .... blank keys w/o chips are like $3.00 but with chips are more like $20-30 and chips alone are impossible to find... if people have old cut chip keys for cars/trucks they do not have anymore sell the keys because nobody sells old keys!

Back