Pics of my 2000 with new Cobra-R 's and Bigger tires! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics of my 2000 with new Cobra-R 's and Bigger tires!

Pics of my 2000 with new Cobra-R 's, lift, and Bigger tires!

Hi,
I got my new Cobra-R 's put on my Explorer today!! I put 265/70/17 Yokohama Geolander A/T+2 's on them. Everyone told me that a lot of sidewall on Cobra-R's would look funny but I think it looks really nice! I had to have a body shop do some fender trimming to make the tires fit. Their diameter is 31.8". It gave me a 2.4" lift!

Please let me know what ya think of my Explorer! Not too bad considering I am only 19.

Here is a link to the before and after pics... Look at the description for details!Also let me know what you think of the alteza tails vs. stock tails.
Dead Link Removed

Or my homepage at
Dead Link Removed

Thanks, Grant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you are a bum 98grey! lets see those pics!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks niiiice. Hmm, kinda looks like mine with nicer wheels :) You did a nice job with it.

Originally posted by sideswipe
you are a bum 98grey! lets see those pics!!

alright, alright!! check out the thread...

Dead Link Removed

She looks gorgeous man! Good job! You installed the explorer express kit yourself right?

Nice looking ride. I like the tires and the grill guard. Keep up the good work.

By the way, your ride sure looks like an XLS and not an XLT. I noticed you didn't have the overhead console, which is standard in XLT's, You body fender trim and front and rear bumpers are dark gray. The XLT's have crome bumpers on the front and rear. The front grill is the same color as the body. The XLT is chrome. The EXPLORER logo are gray in color, on the XLT their chrome. I also noticed you took the S off of XLS on the back hatch. I could go on but you know the deal. I have the same X as you, thats how I know, same color and everything.

Originally posted by sideswipe
She looks gorgeous man! Good job! You installed the explorer express kit yourself right?

swipe -

don't want to take up space on Fantasymon's thread here, so I'll reply to this message on the thread i started for the pics...

Sorry if you though I was jerk in my earlier post. I just get annoyed when people, lets just say, not truthful. There's nothing wrong with owning a XLS. I had mine for a year now and it's great.

Am I the only one who noticed this. O-well, keep up the good work.

isn't the xls better than the xlt anyway?

No, The XLS comes with less then the XLT. The XLS does not have overhead console or the high series console with rear air. Most don't come with CD players or fog lights. Most 2000 XLS came with the old 4.0 OHV engine, and I believe the XLS with AWD came with 4.0 SOHC.

actually, i think the xlt is 'better' than the xls. isnt the xls just an xl with an appearance package? anyway, its all about option packages.

You are correct tbomb.

Dan-
Well I have always listed it on here as an xls until the other day I decided to change it..owell. There I changed it.

but anyways..

howd you go about putting the overhead console in?

Thanks,
Grant

The OH console was simple. I ordered the harness from FPN. It cost me $21. I also ordered the bracket and the temp sensor from them also. I was able to find a OH console on ebay real cheap.

The whole process took about an hour. With the factory wire harness, all you have to do is unplug you old harness (only has 2 wires on it for dome light) and plug in your new harness. I ran it up the A-Frame untill I was read to connect it up. The cutting of the roof was easy. Once you have a mounting bracket, it lines right up and you cut it out. I then mounted the bracket to the roof. The scew holes are there so you can't miss them. I finished off by running the harness to the hole I just made and pluged in the OH console. Screwed it on and it worked like a charm.

Sounds very tempting..

Who is FPN? How much was the bracket and temp sensor? Where did you mount the temp sensor? Where can I locate my "old harness"? Did you have to run anything to the battery or just use the factory wires to the dome light? What did you use to cut the roof?
Whats the A-Frame?

In your signiture it reads "replaced the short center console with the high profile console". Whats the high profile console and whered you get it?

What kind of mud flaps did you put on?

Is that pinstripe factory or custom?

Do you have any pics of your interior? if not could you take some??

Thanks a lot!!

Grant

Back