Please don't kill me | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please don't kill me

laserbrn

Reaction score
I am a frequent at rangerforum.com and have noticed a lot of crossing over as most of the parts are interchangeable from the ranger to the explorer. What I am looking for is information on Supercharging the 4.0 SOHC. I figured you guys would have the answers a little better than the ranger guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as of now, no blower is availible for the SOHC, however, ford unveiled that new buggy thing that had a blown-out SOHC, so prospects are high i would assume!

I can't f***in win

I had a 3.0 in my 2000 Ranger and got pissed because I couldn't find a blower for it. So I traded up for this truck that has about the same power as my 3.0 would w/ a blower. Well guess what, I found a blower for the 3.0 made by Thomas Knight Turbos, and now I can't find a blower for this truck. This is killing me, I hate this, I should've got a chevy, everyone makes performance parts for Chevy's

WHOA!
If I'm not mistaken, Alec just supercharged his SOHC...or at least knows about it.....Search the topic...there is alot of info on the site about it!
Pete

laser... welcome to the site, I've noticed lots of ranger users comign on board in teh past few days from rangerforum.com,w hats up with that? :). As for the blower, seriously try writing a few letters to blower manufacturers, inform them that you and many other people are looking for blowers for a particular engine and your sure if they built it they'd be able to sell many of them! Lots of times customers just make what customers demand.

if im correct, alec does NOT have the SOHC, he has an OHV, correct me if im wrong...... ive been looking for a blower for a while now, so i would have noticed...

I have no clue, but I though they had adapters for both....But I could be wrong too! I'm just tryin to help
Pete

Alec's is an OHV. Sorry Laser, not much in the way of performance stuff for us SOHC guys yet. I was kinda hoping maybe we'd get a little more attention now that the Ranger has the SOHC too.

Mind if I chime in?

From what I can tell after seeing both my OHV and SOHC engines taken apart, the BBK kit is adaptable to the SOHC. the intake adapter plates would need to be modified, as would the FPR and the computer. It's rumored that BBK is currently in development with a SOHC blower, but that's not substantiated. I do know that if BBK was flooded with questions about a SOHC blower, they would make it. They can't make enough of the OHV blowers.

With a very experienced mechanic, the current kit could be modified to fit the SOHC. That's my opinion. I asked my mechanic about it, and he said it would take some fabbing and $$$, but it definately could be done.

It goes both ways

I have noticed quiet a few of the explorer guys stopping off at the rangerforum lately. It all makes sense to do so, the more info we pass around the better off we all are. The main reason I'm looking to this board is the SOHC though. Most of the people on rangerforum have OHV's and that's what most of the Explorer guys on rangerforum are asking about. If you happen to have an OHV the guys/gals over there are very up on it. Thanks for the welcome, if I do find any info that will help us out I'll surely post it on here. So far all I have done w/ this is a custom 3" intake w/ open air element, and I plan to do Gibson cat-back exhaust. If anyone has any other mod suggestions please do share.

Explorer Express will have a BBK supercharger for the SOHC by the end of summer, scheduled to be released at the end of august. That is at least what they told me on the phone......

Travis

Yeah, but how long was the OHV "schedualed" to be released? hehe.

nick

When they were scheduling the OHV to be released, the first few times they had not even started on it. Right now they have already started and are almost finished. The guy said they don't want to scew this one up because many people are going to want it.

Yeah, but the last 20 times they set a date, they couldnt get it to work.

nick

Back