• Register Today It's free!

please help if you can ?

mjatondo

Reaction score
City, State
tulare ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 xlt 4x4
replaced maf ...still dying im confused...plugs iac valve all replaced fuel filter ....arghhhh what next ?please somone help:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More info needed. Under what conditions does the car die? Have you checked the pressure at the fuel pressure regulator. The FPR could be bad, and the fuel pump could be bad.

it dies when i give it gas.i found bad pcv valve.when it was disconnected car idled high but wouldn't stall. if i get it running it will idle around 500 rpm when i accelerate i have to baby the pedal slow crawl takes a while to pick up speed.dies if i let of gas

Sounds like Josh and I are on the same trail. I would also wonder if you have a vacuum leak.

i tested at rail i get 35 ...when i unplug fpr vacuum line it jumps up to 40 psi .

gonna do the vacuum test today .... added note some days a lot of black smoke ...some days none ...fuel mileage miserable
:salute:

Did you test the fuel pressure when it was puffing black smoke or otherwise acting up? Puffing black smoke sounds like it is running rich, and it sounds like it might be intermittent. There have been many cases where the FPR is sometimes regulating correctly, but then will suddenly get stuck closed and fuel pressure spikes, and you won't see this unless you are testing the fuel pressure when the problem occurs.

I might pull codes just to see if there is something useful stored in CM.

Back