Please help. Lift kit information needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please help. Lift kit information needed.

07mountainman

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Merc Mountaineer
I have looked everywhere for a lift kit for my 07 mountaineer, it is based on the explorer platform, it is pretty much the same vehicle so I thought that I would try here. If anyone has any ideas or help that would be great. It has AWD, I just added larger tires, but that just won't do. Body or suspension does not matter to me, I just want at LEAST an extra couple of inches (2-6).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome aboard

Try searching for a ranger kit, they don't like to make kits for explorers because they are top heavy, but a ranger is essentially the same as an explorer and thus your mountaineer, but I haven't actually lifted my ex yet, so you may want a second opinion on this.

Try searching for a ranger kit, they don't like to make kits for explorers because they are top heavy, but a ranger is essentially the same as an explorer and thus your mountaineer, but I haven't actually lifted my ex yet, so you may want a second opinion on this.

Yours is nothing like the 02+

oh, well that's why I said get a second opinion, cuz I dont know everything there is to know about ford.

roadbully

Roadbully is the Man!!! Well I say that, let's wait and see if it works, but at least it is a step in the right direction, can anyone else recommend any other mods or links to mods that might be beneficial??

lol this is an awesome site, all kinds of mods, guides, and pics
here

lol but on a more serious note, stick around i have learned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to explain from this site since I joined only a short while ago

Progress

Sorry it has taken so long to post some progress
mountaineerfrontlift.jpg

Here is the lift kit mounted on the front only...the rear is stock, ran into some trouble with the darn E-brake screwing everything up, will post again once I have the final product.

Can not say enough about Roadbully's product any one interested in it should definately take him up on it. Great quality and everything lines up perfectly:thumbsup:

Anybody have suggestions on what else I should do to make her look tough, but the cheaper the better.

Looks great!

If you take off the running boards and it will look tougher/higher.

Might have to try that...unfortunately being 5'5" they come in handy every now and then..:D

Finally done.....for now

Ok so I finally got the rest of the lift kit on...got it aligned, and removed the running boards...now I can finally take off the "soccer mom" sticker and put the "roadbully" sticker on...Couldn't be happier with the outcome. Everyone that I have talked to have never even heard of lifting an 07 mountaineer, but thanks to Roadbully I have one.
Front
P9090179.jpg

Front Side
P9090178.jpg

Side
P9090182.jpg

P9090184.jpg

Alright so put the lift kit on...still not happy...need more height, and possibly width-tire outside wise...any suggestions????

body lift it now, and put on some big tires,,

I saw the body lift write up, basically unbolt, insert spacer, bolt back on...Do you know who makes them for the Monty?

Alright so put the lift kit on...still not happy...need more height, and possibly width-tire outside wise...any suggestions????

Those tires look insanely undersized to me, I think it's time to throw some bigger tires on there to polish up the look.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those tires look insanely undersized to me, I think it's time to throw some bigger tires on there to polish up the look.

Yeah thats what I was thinking now too, that is the biggest that I can go with the stock rim though...so if I am going to do bigger tires/rims, might as well add another 3" and go even bigger

Back