• Register Today It's free!

please someone help!!

chamuko

Reaction score
City, State
london ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sport
Hello explorers I need some help with a reading of my comp attached to a ford explorer 4.0 sohc 6v 2000, it now reads 2 codes
P0136 O2 sensor B1 S2 malfunction , bank 1 too rich & bank 2 too rich , both under P0175 & P0172.....please if someone knows the exact O2 sensors please post an answer for me very greatly apreciated as I have changed the IAC and the MAF (new ones) truck won't stay put, sometimes the iddle won't stay with out me pressing on the gas pedal for a while then it stays , it does this from time to time not everyday but is annoying .I have read that several member in here have similar issues with iddle , rpm's not steady etc in that scenario , therefore if someone have an idea many thanx in advanced ..cheers!!:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You said it "reads 2 codes", but then provide three codes. Which codes are you getting?

here is the 2 codes

P0175 & P0172 but both read under this at start up ,any ideas is greatly a ppreciated it.:(

P0172 = System too rich (Bank 1)
P0175 = System too rich (Bank 2)

If you're certain the MAF is reading correctly, check the IAT sensor to make sure it's functioning correctly. Check your fuel pressure.

When's the last time you checked your spark plugs? How many miles are on the truck?

thx for the help

I have recently done the full tune up in my truck fuel pressure seems to be ok as the IAT ? what is that or where is it in the truck not sure if the MAF is reading properly is hard to know it looks preety new and the inside of it is nice and shinny like a new penny after it was cleaned with electrical cleaner non residue.still investigating what it might be....;)

Back