Polarity on Factory Fogs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Polarity on Factory Fogs?

I have a '00 XLS 4x4. I didn't like the look of the plastic inserts where the fogs are supposed to be. I purchased some factory fogs off of ebay. Does anyone know the polarity of the factory plug coming off the light? I can purchase the partial wiring harness from Ford for about another $40. They would plug directly into the fogs, but I still wouldn't know the polarity of those wires. help is greatly appreciated. The fog lights are installed, and look perfect. They just do not have any "juice".

You need an electrical test light. They are only a couple of bucks. Looks like an ice pick with a light in the handle and a wire comming out of the handle. Just clip the wire to a ground and touch the pick end to the wires and see which one lights it up. That will be your "hot" wire.

Thanks for the info, but will that method work directly on the bulbs? Don't you already have to have power in order for the electrical test light to function? I do not have any power to the fogs, nor the factory wiring harness.

Back