POR 15, or Chassis Saver??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

POR 15, or Chassis Saver???

So over the summer, I plan on under coating my entire truck. Seeing that it is a few months away, I have been doing research. I have always had in my mind to use POR 15, but today I came across this product called Chassis Saver. Anybody had any experiences with this stuff? seems pretty good, but expensive, but so is POR 15. I am not sure how much I will need for my truck, but I plan on doing everything over the entire summer. To me they almost seem to be the same thing.

Link to Chassis Saver

Link to POR 15

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Without even clicking the links, POR 15. It has a good rep, and this is the first time I heard of the other

I have been in the same pickle for my ranger. I want to use POR15 but I am pretty sure my over protective self would use over a gallon and that is some $$$.

I need to figure out myself what I will be using, but for POR-15 Rust Preventive Paint and POR-CHASSISCOAT BLACK (two different products, not sure what's the difference is) would be something like $300 for a gallon of each.

Just wanted to update, I ended up getting a gallon of rustoleum rusty metal primer and a gallon of gloss black for the frame of my ranger. Took about half a gallon of each to get the complete frame done and I was very generous with the coats. I am very happy with the finish, it will be very easy to keep clean which is why I went with the gloss black.

Just wanted to update, I ended up getting a gallon of rustoleum rusty metal primer and a gallon of gloss black for the frame of my ranger. Took about half a gallon of each to get the complete frame done and I was very generous with the coats. I am very happy with the finish, it will be very easy to keep clean which is why I went with the gloss black.

Good to hear, would like to know how it holds up, I still have a few months before I can even attempt mine. I am very heavily considering POR 15, mainly because everybody loves it, and I heard about it from word of mouth, like on here nobody knows what the other stuff is, although it seems to be pretty much the same thing, but cheaper, so maybe worse? :dunno:

My buddy's father painted inside the bed of his '56 Chevy pickup with POR-15 at least 18 years ago (that I know of, it may be longer). When we went to restore the truck a few years back, we had to use a grinder to get the paint off.... sanding it was pointless.

I have a piece of steel at work, one half painted with POR and the other unpainted. Its been soaking in salt water, next to the sink, for 2 years. The POR still looks as good as the day it was put in there.

Back