Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures?

...nice job stic-o...:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol @ new thread title :thumbsup:

One of our phone lines is now down and the others are surely not far behind. Unless they open up Arctic Circle in the AM, I will be coming down the 138 (not Pilot rock/2n17x :D) to the 18 along with the rest of you guys. I'd love to take the 173 and shave off 20 miles, but it tends to wash out so I'm guessing it will be too dangerous to drive alone.

Just confirmed 18 closure via CHP CAD, funny thing was they had a officer say that it was snowing in fawnskin at 8 and that it was starting to stick. :crazy:

ok guys, what does this mean for me? Will I be able to get there?

ok im horrible with directions. i only know one way to get there and that is from the 10 (?) to the 30 to the 330. is this the way that is closed? or can i get up this way? if its closed then i don't know how to get there :rolleyes:

ok im horrible with directions. i only know one way to get there and that is from the 10 (?) to the 30 to the 330. is this the way that is closed? or can i get up this way? if its closed then i don't know how to get there :rolleyes:

...yes, those tie into the 18 below the dam so they are closed...you guys have to take the long way around...take the 15 up to the hi desert, get off at bear valley rd. (18), turn right and go till it ends, it actually t's , go right as you are on the 18 and stay on that road till the disco center...;)

Don't you have to go that way too?

...everyone does...that is the only way unless it floods too...lol...boomer posted his number on here for everyone just in case...;)

how far up the 15 is bear mtn road? is it after the 215 meets back up with the 15 going north?

...they come together on the bottom of the grade, take the 15 up the hill and when it tops off it's about 10 miles to the bear valley exit...bear valley runs thru johnson valley/apple valley...

is bear valley road the 138 i see on my navi program?

so ted, from my house i would take the 60 to the 15 to the 18?

edit** not 18** 138?

R.J., We should meet up on the 15.

Partial map

7: CA-91 E becomes I-215 N. 5.5 miles Map
8: Merge onto I-10 E toward REDLANDS. 5.4 miles Map
9: Merge onto CA-30 W toward CA-330 / HIGHLAND. 4.6 miles Map
10: Merge onto CA-330 N toward MTN RESORTS. 15.5 miles Map
11: CA-330 N becomes CA-18 / RIM OF THE WORLD HWY. 12.3 miles Map
12: Turn RIGHT onto CA-18 / BIG BEAR BLVD. 4.0 miles Map
13: Turn LEFT onto PAINE RD / CA-18. Continue to follow CA-18. 0.6 miles Map
14: End at Big Bear, CA US

ok i figured it out now i think, its just like ted said :confused:

i just stay on the 15 alllllll the way up to bear valley rd. then tee off to the 18

sure we can meet up

yup that the way i know it donner. but i guess we can't go that way :(

...if you take the directions i gave you you will find it easily...if you watch the freeway signs it will say bear valley 18 but it is 138...

...donner, those directions are the closed route, that section of the 18 to the dam..;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a very risky plan you guys have in an unusually dangerous storm. How come you don't travel in parties of 3 vehicles at least? Or meet up at a base point and travel together?

Back