post pics of your HID's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

post pics of your HID's

post pics of you HID's in action whether their in stock housing or diamond or projector housing. also tell what brand, what K too.

hope to see lots of pics :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wanna get 8000K on my sport

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well first i'll show you my reverse HIDs haha..i bet no one has done this before
P1110537.jpg

P1110535.jpg

and my front HIDs
P1040234.jpg

P1040226.jpg

navidad010-1.jpg

that looks awesome ghoster whose celica is that and do they also got 8000K hids

hey ghoster that would be awesome to put hids on ur puddle lamps and the dome lights as well

i was thinking of putting hids on my puddle lamps and my dome lights

How small to HIDS get?

yea the celica has 8000k also..thats my boys car
and about putting HIDs in the puddle lights and dome's...thats just impossible and stupid IMO lol
Just do LEDs like i did.
I did HIDs in my reverse lights b/c i put 5% tint on all my windows and at night its kinda hard backing up w/ regular light bulbs

I don't even think HIDS would work for that application, they're too big... and too much to deal with... where are you gonna put the ballasts?..

I don't even think HIDS would work for that application, they're too big... and too much to deal with... where are you gonna put the ballasts?..

exactly..and plus the heat they create will eventually damage something.
I made some small vents on mt taillights to avoid them melting on me.
Also the openning and closing of the door will deff. cut short the life of the HID bulb.
But why get all technical and stuff..like you said..THERES NO ROOM FOR THE BALLAST!! lol

Ghoster, aren't HIDs in fact a lot cooler than halogen lights? Considering they use less power..

ShortStack, Can you get pictures for comparison of HIGH/LOW beams?

I guess it'll determine if I get single or dual..

Ghoster, aren't HIDs in fact a lot cooler than halogen lights? Considering they use less power..
They are cooler..but they still give off some heat.
During an ice strom we had here like 2 wks ago..i drove around w/ my HIDs on and where the actual HID light hit the clear lense of the headlight..it was clear from ice. It just melted.
I installed HIDs 2 days after getting this truck..but i remember that w/ my old truck the headlights would get really really really hot w/ halogens. When i put HIDs on that truck i noticed a huge difference in the heat output
BTW i'm Dan...sounds weird when people call me "ghoster" lol

I'm Dan also.
haha...

I need some comparison pictures of high/low HIDs..

Do you have msn Dan?

yo dan whats up buddie o pal hows it going man

I'm Danny...And HIDs put off almost no heat! And I think IMO puddle lights would be stupid...IMO...I though back up likes were stupid too...but they look pretty spiffy!!! So who knows? Maybe even the running lights?

Woah woah.... overkill people...

The backup lights is pushing it.. it's probably not even too good for them, turning on n off so much. But I'm sure they light up your rear plenty.. if you hit something while backing up.. there's no excuse.. =P

here is the high beam in stock housing (ya i know the pics not the best)

here are the lows

one thing i have noticed is the cut off line isn't very good especially with clears

Could you make some almost exact comparisons?...
If you don't want to, that's fine.. I'm just being picky..

Well first i'll show you my reverse HIDs haha..i bet no one has done this before
P110537.jpg

P110535.jpg

and my front HIDs
P104034.jpg

P100226.jpg

naviad010-1.jpg

Celica Explorer combo :thumbsup:
I'm not the only one.

I'm Danny...And HIDs put off almost no heat! And I think IMO puddle lights would be stupid...IMO...I though back up likes were stupid too...but they look pretty spiffy!!! So who knows? Maybe even the running lights?

I'll try to find one of those thermometers that u point at the object and it give u the temp.
Its not much heat..but they do give some off..enough to warm the headlight up

Back