Power steering leaking near the cooler question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power steering leaking near the cooler question

audiofreak19

Reaction score
City, State
Crofton,md
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
So on my 95 explorer my power steering fluid was drained all of a sudden and I look under the front end where the line goes from the cooler to the rubber hose to the actual pump. It looks like all the fluid leaked out where the line meets the rubber hose on the cooler side. I need to know if this is just a regular piece of hose that's in between these lines or if its a specific part I new to buy. For some reason I can't post the pictures I took from my phone on here.

I had a similiar leal a few years back, it was the cooler-to-rack line...the rubber is crimped iot is part of the metal line...kind of shaped like a question mark.

Yea I do believe that's the same hose. It's like pressure fitted going to the pump side an just barb pinch clipped on the other side going to the cooler. What did you do to fix it. We're you able to replace the rubber hose or I was thinking to cut the hose and put another piece inside it and clamp it down.

Back