• Register Today It's free!

Power window drivers side

JERRY ELIAS

Reaction score
City, State
Forest View, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 SPORT
This is my first post. Hello group. My problem is that the drivers power window switch will not operate the drivers or passenger window. The passenger switch will operate the passenger window. I does not seem to have power to the drivers switch. I have no power to the two blue and black wires at the switch The vehicle is a 1998 Explorer Sport. Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is the possibility you have a bad master window switch, also check the fuses and relays

Thanks. Should I have power to the black and blue wires? If the switch was bad, I believe that the wires would still be hot. If the relay is bad, would the passenger switch still work?
Thanks nin advance.

you probably have a broken splice near / around the relay module (in the instrument panel area)....the passenger side gets its "stuff" from the same area so the splice itself is "functional".

Hi. Can I get to this relay without pulling the dash apart?
Thanks in advance

OK I'm blind. I found a yellow flasher under the dash. I also ford a box about 1 by 4 inches. It appears to have wires coming from the counsel area. Is this the area I should be looking at?

the relay module has a number of relays in it, "one touch", battery saver, accy delay.... I think the only way to get at the relays is the the radio area... but I don't know. Ultimately follow / look for your color wirings maybe.

Before you get going there also check thru the door post... follow you wiring colors there that is also the classic place for problems (ie .broken wire).... and actually probably your best bet

Back