• Register Today It's free!

Power Windows

Blake VanderPol

Reaction score
City, State
Lynden Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ford explorer
hey guys so i installed a new lock actuator in my car today when i was all done i noticed that there was a wire that was not hooked up to anything i cant remember the colors of the wire but it did have a king of a plug type connector on it everything seemed to have been working till my girlfriend tried to roll her window down in my car all the windows roll down but ONLY from the driver side door i made sure the child lock was not on it guessing it had to do with the wire that i did not plug back in it was hard to see inside of the door panel but i did not see any spot that the wire would plug into any ideas?

I'd guess it goes from the wiring harness to the switch on that door, or from that switch to the lock mechanism. Might be easier to see what's what if you have a small mirror on a stick (aka inspection mirror) to poke in there along with a flashlight, or of course one of those newfangled USB inspection cams that you can get on eBay for $6 or so, that hooks up to either a phone, tablet, or laptop... though the cheapest ones tend to take 3+ weeks to ship from China.

so i fixed that problem i guess it was not the wire but now my headlights work but when i have the car off and im getting out i dont get the dinging noise to remind me to turn of my head lights?

Back