Preparing Radio/Climate Bezel | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Preparing Radio/Climate Bezel

My apologies for not posting in this thread for the last couple of days. I haven't been feeling well, I had a Dr.'s appointment on the 30th of this month, but I called yesterday if I could get a earlier appointment with the cardiologist. My appointment is for tomorrow morning @ 9:30 a.m. I hope it is not anything but I just wanted to get checked out earlier. The weather here was great now getting bad. We have rain forecast this evening and tomorrow with possible serious thunder storm. I don't think the wife wants to drive in that tomorrow so I maybe going alone. As soon as I am feeling better, I will get with the radio bezel and the console. I am real excited to be this close to being finish. I have 4, 6 inch lightstrip that I want to add to it to aim @ the floor boards, front and rear. Once I figure that out and after primed, then paint YE Haaaaa!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well Friday I will be admitted to the hospital for a Cardiac Cath Possible Intervention. It should be a one day procedure if everything goes as plan. I might not be in the forum for a few days, I have a list of things not to do after the procedure. LOLOLOL. But when I get back up to par, I will post and have pictures of what I am doing. Please pray for me and my family. Thank you all and God bless.

Best of luck with your procedure on Friday.

Good luck to you on Friday!

Thank you soda and STRunner!

Update: I had my procedure done Nov 20 @ 6 a.m. I had another stent implant and I was able to come home late afternoon. It maybe to early to tell but I have to admit, I do feel little better now, I don't feel near as dizzy as I use to and my legs don't feel like it's attached to heavy weights. I will be going to church in the morning to get out and get some frest air and if possible, Monday I will try to paint/prime some of the console pieces, it suppose to be cooler and drier. I will take pictures of the process as I move forward with this/my, project.
Right now I am reading post passing my time, I love reading these posts, so inspiring. I hope I live long enough to do some of them :) .Thank you and God Bless!

Update: I had my procedure done Nov 20 @ 6 a.m. I had another stent implant and I was able to come home late afternoon. It maybe to early to tell but I have to admit, I do feel little better now, I don't feel near as dizzy as I use to and my legs don't feel like it's attached to heavy weights. I will be going to church in the morning to get out and get some frest air and if possible, Monday I will try to paint/prime some of the console pieces, it suppose to be cooler and drier. I will take pictures of the process as I move forward with this/my, project.
Right now I am reading post passing my time, I love reading these posts, so inspiring. I hope I live long enough to do some of them :) .Thank you and God Bless!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Thank you koda!

I am painting the prime paint this morning, I don't know how much I will be able to do. It look like rain is coming to South Louisiana. I have taken some pictures and hope to finish before the rain starts. I will be posting pictures this evening.

Ok, I was able to get some priming done even with the light rain we had gotten. Everything is dried, some of the pieces I have little runs so I need to sand them down a bit and do little touch up. I will start painting, I hope this weekend, I kind of started on the wiring of my fog lamps and driving lamps so I can kill 3 birds with one stone. LoLoL. More to come. I promise and my apologies for taking so long to get this done. :usa::D

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 236

Alrighty then, I have started to paint my radio bezel granite grey, color looks great, and clean. Here are some of the pictures I am posting. I need to do another post to do other pictures. :thumbs: :D :)

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 240

These are the second batch of pictures from today. I also started to spray clear coat on the bezel, it is really turning out better than what I thought I could do with it. LMAORAOTF! :D :) :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 232

Looks good. Clear is very easy to run. Go easy with it.

You are right about that, once I had let it dry for a couple of hours, it was really hard to notice the run. It came out a lot better that what I thought it would have. If my daughter and grand daughter doesn't show up tomorrow, I will install the fog lights and do the wiring on the switches. What I don't really know is what color is the illuminating wire. Would you know? I have a 2004 XLT Sport Trax.
:D

Glad to see the bezel came out well!

Do you have the auto headlights? I can email you a PDF with the wiring diagram.

No sir, no auto headlights.

Ok So I really hate to ask a dumb question but here it goes..... Where should I go through the firewall with the wires? I really don't want to drill any holes but I do want to look factory. Any suggestions will be appreciated! I do plan have my fog lights mounted and working today, as I run the wires for the fog lights I will be running the driving lights as well. I will mount the driving lights as soon as I can get someone to cut the holes in the lower bumper fascia.

I went through right at the driver footwell, I believe it was the cable and boot for the transmission cable. There's a couple different things down there that you could run through. Just make sure there's a grommet to keep the wires from getting cut as I'm sure you know.

Thank you STRunner!
I've looked around the brake master cylinder and around that area, but I haven't looked under the truck yet. I didn't do anything today because I wasn't feeling well after I fell in a Dollar General Store, so embarrassing, LoLoLoL. But I do plan on starting tomorrow morning if I get to feeling ok. I really can't wait to get the factory switches wired up, I have been reading some post and I feel confident that I can and will get the switches to work. Like I had said in the previous post, I do plan to run both wiring for the fog lamps and driving lamps @ the same time. And thank you for the wiring diagram.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you STRunner!
I've looked around the brake master cylinder and around that area, but I haven't looked under the truck yet. I didn't do anything today because I wasn't feeling well after I fell in a Dollar General Store, so embarrassing, LoLoLoL. But I do plan on starting tomorrow morning if I get to feeling ok. I really can't wait to get the factory switches wired up, I have been reading some post and I feel confident that I can and will get the switches to work. Like I had said in the previous post, I do plan to run both wiring for the fog lamps and driving lamps @ the same time. And thank you for the wiring diagram.

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that the most important thing you can do is NOT FALL. At our age, it's very easy to break a wrist or some ribs or a skull. Whether it was dizzyness, a mis-step or general weakness, you have to be ultra-aware of your gait, stance and surroundings all the time.

After all, what would I do without your DIY posts?

Back