Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MSRP: 58625
Purchase Price: 48808
Trim: ST (Prem. Tech Pkg, Twin Panel Roof)

Wow! That's a great price! Getting very close to my strike price of nearly 25% off of MSRP.

Did your deal include a trade?

Thanks!

MSRP: 58625
Purchase Price: 48808
Trim: ST (Prem. Tech Pkg, Twin Panel Roof)
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Picked up my 2020 XLT yesterday and love it.
Went to Airport Marina in LA and their sales department sucks. Service is great.
Took their deal to Sunrise Ford in Hollywood and got the Explorer for invoice before applying rebates. MSRP is $38,870. Invoice is $36,000 - $4000(recieved an extra $500 EMT rebate) = $32,000 before taxes.
We live in LA so our tax rate was 10.5%. Every time I buy something, the outrageous tax rate reminds me to move.

It's 13% here.:(

Seeing a lot of new pricing and discounts posted today. Showing anywhere from 7k-9k off ST's.

$3500 customer cash looks to be a big part of this.

Yep, looks like the $3500 went into effect on 1/3/2020. The $750 "aged inventory" rebate can also be applied (this is for Explorers that have been on dealer lots for more than 60 days), putting potential rebates to $4250. Now all I need is a Private Offer for $3k. I already have several dealers willing to go down to invoice, and give up holdback and floor plan assist, which translates into roughly $5200 off of MSRP, before rebates. Here's the math I have so far:

MSRP: $59,620

Invoice: $57,208

Less Holdback: $1,789

Less Floor Plan Assist: $995

Dealer Extended Price: $54,424

Less Factory Rebates: $4250

Price After Factory Rebates: $50,174

Less Private Offer: $3000

Price After Private Offer: $47,174

Less DDR: $1000

Price After DDR: $46,174

Doc Fee: $199

Grand Total: $46,373 (before taxes). Roughly 22% off of MSRP. Not quite 25%, but close!

Also, I call DDR above my "Dealer Desperation Rebate" that I'm looking to get at month-end, whereby, the dealer is willing to lose $1000 in order to get their overall sales numbers up for the month, so that the dealer is able to receive a large factory-to-dealer volume rebate if they sell a certain number of vehicles for the month. I have been successful in getting this one in the past, but not all the time. Heck, I might even shoot for $2k, which would put me right at 25% off of MSRP! Given the high inventory of ST's I'm seeing on lots around me, I think $2k might be possible. Within 30 miles of my zip code, Ford's website is showing 100+ ST's in inventory! That's crazy! A dealer I spoke to recently said something will have to give on the Ford side. Maybe the new $3500 rebate is just what the doctor ordered!

We're getting there! Can't wait to buy my ST! I'm remaining patient, and I'm sticking to my plan!

Thanks!

Yep, looks like the $3500 went into effect on 1/3/2020. The $750 "aged inventory" rebate can also be applied (this is for Explorers that have been on dealer lots for more than 60 days), putting potential rebates to $4250. Now all I need is a Private Offer for $3k. I already have several dealers willing to go down to invoice, and give up holdback and floor plan assist, which translates into roughly $5200 off of MSRP, before rebates. Here's the math I have so far:

MSRP: $59,620

Invoice: $57,208

Less Holdback: $1,789

Less Floor Plan Assist: $995

Dealer Extended Price: $54,424

Less Factory Rebates: $4250

Price After Factory Rebates: $50,174

Less Private Offer: $3000

Price After Private Offer: $47,174

Less DDR: $1000

Price After DDR: $46,174

Doc Fee: $199

Grand Total: $46,373 (before taxes). Roughly 22% off of MSRP. Not quite 25%, but close!

Also, I call DDR above my "Dealer Desperation Rebate" that I'm looking to get at month-end, whereby, the dealer is willing to lose $1000 in order to get their overall sales numbers up for the month, so that the dealer is able to receive a large factory-to-dealer volume rebate if they sell a certain number of vehicles for the month. I have been successful in getting this one in the past, but not all the time. Heck, I might even shoot for $2k, which would put me right at 25% off of MSRP! Given the high inventory of ST's I'm seeing on lots around me, I think $2k might be possible. Within 30 miles of my zip code, Ford's website is showing 100+ ST's in inventory! That's crazy! A dealer I spoke to recently said something will have to give on the Ford side. Maybe the new $3500 rebate is just what the doctor ordered!

We're getting there! Can't wait to buy my ST! I'm remaining patient, and I'm sticking to my plan!

Thanks!
Im in Missouri as well, SEMO. Bo in ellisville had discounts listed at $9800, i actually emailed them last night. However since then they have taken it down to around $8,350 or so, so clearly they are tweaking the numbers a bunch. Dpatrick was a bit over $8k off yesterday, now they are down to $7200.

What all have you done to try and get PCO? I requested the explorer info in the mail which i got. I have an expedition and a ford.com account and signed up for all the emails/etc. Did you call the marketing number at all? Have you heard of anyone getting explorer PCO's recently to show a "round? is starting?

What all have you done to try and get PCO? I requested the explorer info in the mail which i got. I have an expedition and a ford.com account and signed up for all the emails/etc. Did you call the marketing number at all? Have you heard of anyone getting explorer PCO's recently to show a "round? is starting?

I haven't gotten one in a while (probably not since last September). In the past, I've requested brochures. Might try that again. Haven't requested one since last summer. I've also received them by browsing inventory on dealer websites. Hopefully, they'll start to pop up again... We'll see... Haven't heard of anyone getting any lately, either...

I’m west of Chicago. I had a dealer contact me thru Trucar for a Platinum, tech package, white, and the 21In polished wheels at an MSRP of 61630.00 for 53,999.00. 4640.00 discount and 3000.00 rebate makes the difference. Should I push for more or is this a reasonable deal?

I’m west of Chicago. I had a dealer contact me thru Trucar for a Platinum, tech package, white, and the 21In polished wheels at an MSRP of 61630.00 for 53,999.00. 4640.00 discount and 3000.00 rebate makes the difference. Should I push for more or is this a reasonable deal?

Should be like this:

$61,630 MSRP

Less dealer discount: $5200

Less rebate: $3500 (looks like you had $3k for the rebate, but it's actually $3500).

Grand total before dealer fees and taxes: $52,930.

If it's been on their lot for 60 days or more, you'll be able to get another $750 off, so $52,180.

If it does qualify for the additional $750 rebate, I'd offer $52k, including all fees. If it were close to the end of the month, I'd offer $51k :)

Hope this helps!

Thank you. That’s some good info I’ll use. I plan on ordering. I want all the suspension and any other problems behind me. Hoping they have those things addressed by now!

The special offer for Lincoln in my parts of MO are you can buy it for MSRP.....

Screenshot_20200108-200005_Edge.jpg

So you bought a bare bones no options aviator?

Seeing the $3500 discount gone from most dealers sites this morning. Pretty sure it said through 3/31, so not sure whats up?

2020 Explorer XLT with the 200A package, Star White tri-coat, tow package, comfort package. MSRP $41,890, Paid $35,000. In Idaho

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seeing the $3500 discount gone from most dealers sites this morning. Pretty sure it said through 3/31, so not sure whats up?

I noticed that the options - at least on the ST - went up as well.

Twin Panel Moonroof is now $1,795, High Performance Package $1,705, Street Pack $1,105 and Technology Package $1,195.

Back