Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

I wish I looked a little before buying my XLT. I love it, but a dealer 50miles away was offering a base model 4WD for $30k before taxes.
They usually only sell it to fleet but the manager said it's on his lot so he will sell it to anyone. The cheapest XLT 4WD I looked up was roughly $37k.
Not much difference in features from the base and a no-add on XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unsure, all of them just list $3500 for program #13684

1/3/2020 - 3/31/2020
Program #13684: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 03/31/2020. See dealer for complete details.

When I go to Ford.com and go to incentives, my zip code only shows $1,000 for ST and Platinum, $2,000 for XLT and Limited.

When I go to a local dealer's website, the XLT is broken down as this

$1,500 Retail Bonus Customer Cash
$500 Retail Customer Cash

So this does equal the $2,000 but it is 2 different programs.

When I look at an ST, it is broken down like this

$500 Retail Bonus Customer Cash
$500 Retail Customer Cash.

I know this isn't the same as you but just goes to show that Ford says X amount off and yet it is broken down into multiple discounts.

There is also a $750 Select Inventory rebate on top of that.

You guys are lucky.

At my ZIP, I only get a lousy $750.

I finally landed a Private Offer, but it's only for $1250 :-(. I have confirmed with two dealerships in my area that it can, indeed, be combined with the $3500 "alternative cash" rebate, for a grand total rebate of $4750. Unfortunately, the $750 "aged inventory" rebate cannot be stacked on top of the $3500 rebate. There's also a $500 auto show factory rebate for my area through 1/31/2020, but it cannot be stacked with the $3500 rebate, either.

Here's the deal I have on the table right now:

MSRP: $59,620

Less Dealer Discount (before all rebates): $5200 (giving up holdback and floor plan assist).

Less "Alternative Cash" Rebate: $3500

Less "Private Offer" Rebate: $1250

Add Doc Fee: $199

Out-the-door price: $49,869

In the state of Missouri, we pay taxes at the DMV when we title the vehicle.

If my Private Offer were for $3k, and if I were able to stack the other rebates, I'd be in business!

I will continue holding out. I'm still trying to get to $45k-$47k out the door. I'm targeting sometime between the Spring and Fall of 2020.

Thanks!

^^ Is that on an ST?:dunno:

Peter

I finally landed a Private Offer, but it's only for $1250 :-(. I have confirmed with two dealerships in my area that it can, indeed, be combined with the $3500 "alternative cash" rebate, for a grand total rebate of $4750. Unfortunately, the $750 "aged inventory" rebate cannot be stacked on top of the $3500 rebate. There's also a $500 auto show factory rebate for my area through 1/31/2020, but it cannot be stacked with the $3500 rebate, either.

Here's the deal I have on the table right now:

MSRP: $59,620

Less Dealer Discount (before all rebates): $5200 (giving up holdback and floor plan assist).

Less "Alternative Cash" Rebate: $3500

Less "Private Offer" Rebate: $1250

Add Doc Fee: $199

Out-the-door price: $49,869

In the state of Missouri, we pay taxes at the DMV when we title the vehicle.

If my Private Offer were for $3k, and if I were able to stack the other rebates, I'd be in business!

I will continue holding out. I'm still trying to get to $45k-$47k out the door. I'm targeting sometime between the Spring and Fall of 2020.

Thanks!
What is your PCO # for the type of PCO (not the individual unique code)? Mine is 37454. Ive had 2 dealers try, and both said it could not be combined with the $3500 alternative cash.

I got my 2020 St out the door 51525.00 out the door

My total was 61k
Hi there is it possible for you to let me know what dealer and sales person you dealt with. I'm in Hackensack NJ and have been waiting for pricing to finally change. Also just received a 2k additional offer in mail. I had been dealing with a very nice salesman for the last seven years unfortunately he has been very ill with cancer and is no longer working. I would private message you but could not find that option on here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there is it possible for you to let me know what dealer and sales person you dealt with. I'm in Hackensack NJ and have been waiting for pricing to finally change. Also just received a 2k additional offer in mail. I had been dealing with a very nice salesman for the last seven years unfortunately he has been very ill with cancer and is no longer working. I would private message you but could not find that option on here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
keep in mind, at least with my PCO (private cash offer, what you got in the mail), did not stack with the current best offer, the $3500 alternative customer cash.

To PM, just click on the member's name in the margin and then from the pop up select Start a Conversation.

Peter

There is a new bonus cash as of 1/29 or 1/30, will look for further details.

There is a new bonus cash as of 1/29 or 1/30, will look for further details.
Cash Offer from Ford
Retail Bonus Cash

Details
Retail Bonus Cash

$1,500 cash back

Effective 1/29/2020 through 3/31/2020

Disclaimer: Program #13654: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 03/31/2020. See dealer for complete details.

Got the Explorer ST! Magnetic of course... 15 Jan 20 build date
MSRP 59,620
Purchase price ended up at 50,405 (9,215 (15.5%) off MSRP--$5K was rebates.
2.79% for 5 years (Fifth Third Bank, through the dealer)
Local taxes are 6.75% (Ohio) and dealer fees/registration were $285

There was also a trade, but I kept that transaction separate until the price of the car was negotiated (got a fair deal on that too).

I think I did pretty average for the current market, but it feels like these are still on a downward price trend--maybe I should have waited. I also normally have a strict no first model year rule... I've seen this build advertised for $14,250 off MSRP, but not sure how the dealer got to that amount and its 8 hours away.

$57050 MSRP
53500 “Adjusted Cost”
51250 After Rebates

Live in Philadelphia, purchased the car in New Jersey. 10/19 build 11/19 purchase. I traded in a Silverado, dealership gave me extra on that as well. 29k out the door

Looking at a XLT 4x2 with 202A, Star White, Twin Panel Moonrook, Tow Package, 20" Wheels, Co Pilot Assist+, Comfort Package and Cargo Mat. List is 49K. Out the door for 38K

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking at a XLT 4x2 with 202A, Star White, Twin Panel Moonrook, Tow Package, 20" Wheels, Co Pilot Assist+, Comfort Package and Cargo Mat. List is 49K. Out the door for 38K

Thoughts?

That's almost 23% off of MSRP. That's a fantastic deal! How are they able to give you that large of a discount? What rebates are being applied?

Back