Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only) | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

48K for an XLT Explorer is crazy. You are in the limited range at that point.

The XLT options of the Explorer is more options than probably any other model they sell. An XLT package in the F150 is barely the truck and not much features while the XLT on the Explorer adds all kind of stuff that the other models do not have at the XLT trim level.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2021 Ford Explorer Platinum (white tri paint, tech package, moonroof, and I think floor liners?)

MSRP: $59,210
Dealer Discounts: -$5414
Ford Incentive:- $1250
Doc Fee: $399
2 extra free oil changes

Total: $52,945 + tax + reg
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Using the Build & Price tool on the Ford website for a 2021 Platinum and adding the features you mentioned, it came to $58,655. I did not however include the $150 cargo mat.

Peter

Using the Build & Price tool on the Ford website for a 2021 Platinum and adding the features you mentioned, it came to $58,655. I did not however include the $150 cargo mat.

Peter
Hi Pete! Long time lurker and appreciate all the information. I can’t confirm what you clicked or didn’t click, but I imagine my numbers have destination and delivery and yours do not. I don’t know of a situation where dealers will waive that fee, but then again I’m new :)

Peter
image.jpg

Hi Pete! Long time lurker and appreciate all the information. I can’t confirm what you clicked or didn’t click, but.............................. I imagine my numbers have destination and delivery and yours do not. .................................... :)
You are correct.

48K for an XLT Explorer is crazy. You are in the limited range at that point.

The XLT options of the Explorer is more options than probably any other model they sell. An XLT package in the F150 is barely the truck and not much features while the XLT on the Explorer adds all kind of stuff that the other models do not have at the XLT trim level.

F150 also has many many more variations.

An F150 option to option vs an explorer and an F150 will always cost more.

My 20 XLT MSRP'ed at 47k. I believe it's fully loaded minus the 360 camera? And no sunroof. That's probably the only thing mine didn't have.

I got it for 42k.

I do agree though if closer to 50s you're paying, might as well try to get the ST.

I should've done that thinking about it. But the thought of getting an F150 XLT with the 5.0. That is also an idea i'm entertaining. Especially if my dealer won't give me a good deal on an ST once i bring back this XLT lease.

Our time is running out with these ICE cars, it's time to explore (no pun intended lol) other cars out there before they're all gone.

2021 Ford Explorer Platinum (white tri paint, tech package, moonroof, and I think floor liners?)

MSRP: $59,210
Dealer Discounts: -$5414
Ford Incentive:- $1250
Doc Fee: $399
2 extra free oil changes

Total: $52,945 + tax + reg

I have never payed and never plan to pay for any doc fees.

It’s all about the out the door price. I told them they could adjust the doc fee or price of the car to their hearts content as long as they beat the other dealerships out the door price

It’s all about the out the door price. I told them they could adjust the doc fee or price of the car to their hearts content as long as they beat the other dealerships out the door price

Nice, otherwise it sounds like a good deal.

What do you say to get out of it? Not trying to derail this thread but by the years end, I plan on upgrading to a 2022. I’ve bought several cars in my life and I’ve always forgot and never really tried to get out of paying those extra fees. Would like to prepare myself this time.

What do you say to get out of it? Not trying to derail this thread but by the years end, I plan on upgrading to a 2022. I’ve bought several cars in my life and I’ve always forgot and never really tried to get out of paying those extra fees. Would like to prepare myself this time.
I know you weren’t asking me, but... 😀-It doesn’t do any good if they remove the doc fee, but add it into the price of the car... either way...IMO it’s all about leverage and finding that line between them saying no to a deal versus saying yes. You can get leverage by getting quotes from other dealerships...even if those dealerships are hundreds of miles away...buying toward the end of the month...or even better...the end of the year when dealer incentives are on the line. Knowing what others have paid (from this thread) should give you a rough idea of how much you can push for a lower price. It’s also useful to know the A-Z plan pricing

goodluck

Carl

I know you weren’t asking me, but... 😀-It doesn’t do any good if they remove the doc fee, but add it into the price of the car... either way...IMO it’s all about leverage and finding that line between them saying no to a deal versus saying yes. You can get leverage by getting quotes from other dealerships...even if those dealerships are hundreds of miles away...buying toward the end of the month...or even better...the end of the year when dealer incentives are on the line. Knowing what others have paid (from this thread) should give you a rough idea of how much you can push for a lower price. It’s also useful to know the A-Z plan pricing

goodluck

Carl

Most states cap doc fees but you still have to pay them, my state I think it is 150 but some states charge 300-500 dollars for document fees. LOL

Please post the price paid for your explorer so that people know how much discount they can expect.

MSRP:
Purchase Price: (Don't include Taxes)
Trim:
Most states cap doc fees but you still have to pay them, my state I think it is 150 but some states charge 300-500 dollars for document fees. LOL
Bought mine in VA $799 processing fee however I got it last week 2020 platinum that was still sitting on their lot price reduced to $43000, was roughly $46700 out the door but I also got fords 96 month 60000 mile extended warranty

Bought mine in VA $799 processing fee however I got it last week 2020 platinum that was still sitting on their lot price reduced to $43000, was roughly $46700 out the door but I also got fords 96 month 60000 mile extended warranty
That’s a killer deal. VA was giving me the best pricing on the 2021 Platinum I ended up buying, but I’m from MA and used it as leverage at local dealerships. There were also a few extra incentives for VA residents when I was talking with a few dealerships there

Welcome to the Forum William. :wave:
8 years and 60k miles? That doesn't seem like a lot of mileage. That only extends the factory warranty by 24k miles. It seems many are opting for 7 years, 100k miles.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum William. :wave:
8 years and 60k miles? That doesn't seem like a lot of mileage. That only extends the factory warranty by 24k miles. It seems many are opting for 7 years, 100k miles.

Peter
I put about 4000 miles a year on my cars, they offer 96 month all the way up to 150000 miles but I dont need it

I put about 4000 miles a year on my cars, they offer 96 month all the way up to 150000 miles but I dont need it
That's about double what I put on mine.😄

We purchased our 21 XLT Infinite Blue, tow package MSRP was 42k. Our was a loaner vehicle with dealership with 1300 miles, we paid 34k for the vehicle, plus TTL, added 100k mile warranty.

Just bought a 2021 Explorer St.
Sticker was $57,155
Selling Price was $52,100, after $1250 Rebate & 1.9% APR.
Got the 8yr, 125K Ford Platinum Service Contract, $100 Deductible for $2515
Could've saved $50, buying it online but, for $50, not going to bother.

Discounted Selling price was advertised, did not even quibble about it, Did talk terms about my trade but got every penny I wanted for it so was happy, on that score. My Cousin, the Used Car Manager forgot he wasn't spending his money, on my Trade, but the Dealer Principles. had to remind him of it.

Did I get a good Deal?
Only time will tell.
For me, Price is the least important aspect of car ownership.

Two guys buy the exact same car. one pays $10,000 more than the other.
5 year down the road, same Ownership Experience, that guy who saved all the money on purchase price flat out hates his car, worst car he ever bought. Guy , who paid so much more, loves it. Best thing that ever happened to him. Plans on spending a fortune to keep it running, if needs be.
Who got cheated?

With most things, we look for sales , since price is fixed and non negotiable.
Cars, we can negotiate, so most worry about getting cheated.
I worry about listening to the Wife grump because she regrets her purchase.
My Favorite thing, out of all this, is no one willingly paid a price, knowingly getting cheated.
It's only after the sale, when some other convinces them of it.

Like that person knows any better.

Side Note:
Was told that discounts are probably going to go away, PDQ, if this Chip Shortage doesn't get squared away. They sell 300, new, a month and only has 30 scheduled for delivery, next month. Told me to notice how dealerships are double spacing and slanted parking to make thei lots look fuller than they actually are.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just bought a 2020 Explorer Limited
Sticker was $54,625
Selling Price was $46,650, Pre tax, title @0% for 72 months
Was a dealer demo, with 3,500 miles
Thoughts on price with the miles??
2020gh.PNG

Back