• Register Today It's free!

Pro Comp Hoop Light Bar

IN2FORD

Reaction score
City, State
Cookeville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer Bullitt
Has anyone tried the Pro Comp Hoop light bar on their Explorer? 4WheelParts.com is telling me that they are a universal fit. I like the style, I just wondered how well the install and look. Please post any pics that you have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a light bar on my explorer, not pro comp, its carr. u just have to cut it to make it fit, and youll need the rain gutter kit, i didnt get the gutter kit cause i wanted mine on that day, get the gutter kit, trust me. http://www.cardomain.com/id/*****in_explorer

Are you referring to a roof light bar, or a front bumper mounted "preruner style" light bar? If its the later, I have one of the Pro Comp universal light bars on my X and can tell you that the origional mounting design sucks. It is very weak and allows the lights to bounce all over the place. I ended up making my own mounts that use the bumper bolts to hold the thing in place.

Here's the best pick I can find of my light bar.
gerald011-vi.jpg

The small outer lights are mounted on 2 of the origional mounting brackets the other 2 were removed.

*****inexplorer like the light bar .......but geeesh man that freakin truck next to yours is insane!!!!! on your cardomain. My gosh man does he have a car domain???

I am interested in the bumper bar, but not the pre-runner. Pro-Comp has just a hoop for lights that is universal. I may give it a try. $110 at 4wheelparts.com

Back