Problem with clicking noise and exhaust. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem with clicking noise and exhaust.

v8blueboat

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB v8
I have a 98 5.0. My engine has been clicking ever since i got it. I got the torque monster headers thinking that there was a crack in the stock manifold, but the clicking is still there. Its not an exhaust leak either. Anybody know or have the same problem that could help me?

I also am dissapointed with the sound of my exhaust when I go over 3000 rpm's. I have a 40 series flowmaster with a 2 in 1 out, and then a y pipe to make it duel. When it goes over 3000 rpm's the sound of the cylinders go away and it sounds more like a blow torch. Does anybody have the same problem, or any suggestions?

you got a dual inlet single outlet muffler and then you run a y pipe after it so twin pipes leave the truck?

I suggest you remove your secondary cat converters
I suggest you get a dual inlet dual outlet muffler

It is possible the ticking is coming from the EGR hose?
Is it possible the torque monster headers were not installed properly and the same /new leak is back?

Best thing to do is locate the ticking with the truck running, carefull looking and listening around the truck

yea 4 cats isn's exactly helping the sound neither is the dual in single out with a y pipe. as far as the ticking goes we need a little more information, do you hear more on one side then the other. could possibly be a lifter tick and he egr tube like stated above

Back