Project Baby Runner/Mini Crawler: R.J.'s Navajo Build | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Baby Runner/Mini Crawler: R.J.'s Navajo Build

this thread is going to be just a thread posting any mods or work being done on the Navajo. I'll also make a registry which would kinda like a summery of whats in the vehicle and i already have a thread started about the work im doing to the front beams/axle. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206455

well here's whats up with it right now, its in mexico at McNeiloff-road to have a roll cage put in it :D

IMG_0583Medium.jpg

IMG_0580Medium.jpg

IMG_0581Medium.jpg

here's just some randome shots of the shop.

Chad McNeils shop
IMG_0585Medium.jpg

Perry and Jason's shop
IMG_0584Medium.jpg

this is a shot from the front gate around the buildings. on the right it is Chad McNeil's shop (McNeil Off-road) and towards the left is the building where Perry McNeil (McNeil Racing/Perrys fab n fiber) and Jason McNeil (Fiberwerx) shops are.
IMG_0586Medium.jpg

some sort of buggy
IMG_0570Medium.jpg

some trucks
IMG_0571Medium.jpg

a cool bumper
IMG_0573Medium.jpg

a sport trac
IMG_0575Medium.jpg

IMG_0574Medium.jpg

pictures suck, but here's some explorers
IMG_0576Medium.jpg

IMG_0577Medium.jpg

king pin, equal length.
IMG_0578Medium.jpg

a ranger
IMG_0587Medium.jpg

i forget how massive desert cars are till i see them. all the shocks, springs, tubing, reinforcing etc. is huge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're doubling, then definitely aim for up cauz thats where it will end up at after the doubler.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

sent the rear end to a machine shop to weld the tubes to the center better, the welds were too small. turns out the housing was bent on both sides, had to be straightened in three places, needed a new right side axle shaft since the housing was bent almost a 1/4"! had the perches welded on too and the gears swapped from one rear end to the other

ouch!

I think the 8.8 in my BII is bent also, probably has been for years and years..
I have another I am finally going to build and replace it with LOL

junk yard 8.8 = ?????/ try to find one from a truck with a dead trans or engine, I keep using ones from wrecked trucks and the axleshafts bend way too easy!

Whew that alot of work for 1 1/2" bit looks nice tho

Dunno if that worth it or not.:dunno:

If you're being blocked, paste that address into the box thats in this web page and hit Browse:
http://cspeed.net/

bigger, better welds

002.jpg

005.jpg

plating on the underside
003.jpg

004.jpg

um i guess you plan on cutting off the stock brackets?

stock spring perches are cut off, and the shock mounts will be cut off. im still running ideas for mounting shocks right now

much better!

Have you considered doing a pre runner style truss? With all the jumping you like to do you might end up with your housing bent again.

Have you considered doing a pre runner style truss? With all the jumping you like to do you might end up with your housing bent again.

just have to call t&t customs and get one made up. i just don't feel like doing it right now cause i just want it running!!!!!!!!!!!

ok here's an update!!!!!!

i've been real busy and i've only had a little bit of time to work on the car. but most the time was running arounf trying to find tires, rims, lug adapters etc. turns out there's not a lot of f-150 rims for sale, and 35x12.5R16 tires aren't te most comin to find, or at least to find a decent deal that hasn't already been sold.

here we go, still needs work but its on all fours!

Mickey Thompson 16x8 rims (3.75 backspacing :thumbsup:)
315/75/R16 Procomp bald terrains.
spring over with stock 2door springs and warrior shackles.
ebay 5x4.5 to 5x135 lug nut adapters/spacers (1.25")

something's up with the brakes though. seems like thy're always on just a little and making some ugly noises :rolleyes:

navajomarch09001.jpg

navajomarch09002.jpg

navajomarch09004.jpg

navajomarch09007.jpg

That looks awesome with the fullwidth axle. Time for some rear glass (fenders plus a window, that is). Did you sell your old wheels and 33s? I always did like that combo. Hmm...

I love it, nice and low just like I would do!

That looks awesome with the fullwidth axle. Time for some rear glass (fenders plus a window, that is). Did you sell your old wheels and 33s? I always did like that combo. Hmm...

well at least we know he has the spare still ;)

but i like it the width front to rear matches up real nice :thumbsup:

Back