Project Baby Runner/Mini Crawler: R.J.'s Navajo Build | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Baby Runner/Mini Crawler: R.J.'s Navajo Build

this thread is going to be just a thread posting any mods or work being done on the Navajo. I'll also make a registry which would kinda like a summery of whats in the vehicle and i already have a thread started about the work im doing to the front beams/axle. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206455

well here's whats up with it right now, its in mexico at McNeiloff-road to have a roll cage put in it :D

IMG_0583Medium.jpg

IMG_0580Medium.jpg

IMG_0581Medium.jpg

here's just some randome shots of the shop.

Chad McNeils shop
IMG_0585Medium.jpg

Perry and Jason's shop
IMG_0584Medium.jpg

this is a shot from the front gate around the buildings. on the right it is Chad McNeil's shop (McNeil Off-road) and towards the left is the building where Perry McNeil (McNeil Racing/Perrys fab n fiber) and Jason McNeil (Fiberwerx) shops are.
IMG_0586Medium.jpg

some sort of buggy
IMG_0570Medium.jpg

some trucks
IMG_0571Medium.jpg

a cool bumper
IMG_0573Medium.jpg

a sport trac
IMG_0575Medium.jpg

IMG_0574Medium.jpg

pictures suck, but here's some explorers
IMG_0576Medium.jpg

IMG_0577Medium.jpg

king pin, equal length.
IMG_0578Medium.jpg

a ranger
IMG_0587Medium.jpg

i forget how massive desert cars are till i see them. all the shocks, springs, tubing, reinforcing etc. is huge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you sell your old wheels and 33s? I always did like that combo. Hmm...

havn't sold them yet, but for sure they'll be for sale. but the rims are not sell-able because they're more square than round.

I love it, nice and low just like I would do!
LOW!? this thing looks huge to me now! i've never had that much clearance in the back hahahaha. but i think its perfect :cool:

nice, looks great. be really careful haulin ass with the rear that wide and no glass. the tires will smash into the fenders and destroy them.

my bump stops should be low enough stop them from smashing the fenders. and if the do hit the fenders i have a new sawzall :D

but i like it the width front to rear matches up real nice :thumbsup:

front and rear width just about lined up the same. which is sweet. i did notice that i setup the rear axle off center about an inch to the right. oh well good enough.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yup, still need a rear window, fiberglass and grill are still broken, and the shocks aren't installed yet. in time, in time.

Looks good RJ. Much better with the Navajo front end. Too bla (Drab) with the explorer grill and lights.

That 1" would bug me more than the 3/4" my body is shifted. It bugs me to no end and plan to loosen the mounts to pull it back over to center it. 3/4" isn't much but makes a difference when you look hard enough.

it doesn't bug me :)

something always looks off on the car, like the gangsta lean.

i measured at least three times to make sure i was lining the perches up right, but maybe theres a difference between explorer and f-150 axles, cause i was measuring from the diff to the perch on the explorer axle to line up the the new perches.

i mean come on, im drivin it without a rear window and broken fender and it doesn't dother me. no rear shocks, that does bug

i measured at least three times to make sure i was lining the perches up right, but maybe theres a difference between explorer and f-150 axles, cause i was measuring from the diff to the perch on the explorer axle to line up the the new perches.

If I am not mistaken there is a slight shift or offset to the right on the Explorer Axles and the drivelines for that matter.

i don't know, they're weird. i remember measuring the stock one and the pumpkin doesn't actually sit in the middle.

That stance looks BAMF RJ ;)
navajomarch09007.jpg

THANKS!!!!!!!

the cool part is it still fits in the garage. with only about 3/4" clearance :D
time to remove the roof rack

One of my favorite trucks on here just keeps getting cooler!

If you need a helping hand getting it ready, i'm free this afternoon.

it doesn't bug me :)

something always looks off on the car, like the gangsta lean.

i mean come on, im drivin it without a rear window and broken fender and it doesn't dother me. no rear shocks, that does bug

I'm kinda **** about stuff on my truck. I'm tired of things looking half assed on my truck. I'm itching to get my fenders finished. Just need to wait for the warm weather to come. then my truck will get painted.

didn't get to far from my house before i ran into the first problem... drive shaft is to short. slipped out on the freeway.

100_3775.jpg

here's a few more pics. sometimes the front sits a little higher than this. coilovers are all over the place hahaha

100_3776.jpg

100_3773.jpg

100_3777.jpg

100_3778.jpg

100_3780.jpg

100_3779.jpg

i love the way it is! low, wide, badass! level front to back, same width front and rear. and the bumper is up a lot higher :thumbsup:

i got started on the shock mounts, but i don't feel like putting em on right now. its friday night and im gonna just chill.

took stock ones and cut it a little. modified stock stuff is my style i guess haha.

bolt it on the top. should work (pic is stock vs custom)
100_3772.jpg

shocks are mounted. i think i'll do a quick cleghorn run next week to see what works and what needs modified. shocks might be to long for the space and they may be lated back to much. we'll see.

100_3784.jpg

100_3785.jpg

100_3786.jpg

also need some 4door leafs

What did you figure out on your brake problem?

I'll trade you my leafs for your deavers. :)

hmm the U bolt plate mounted around the spring like that should be interesting, the leafs like to walk alot during flex and driving, I would be interested to see if they slam into the sides of the u bolt plate notch, could help keep them together but it could cost you some travel

I would be more concerned with the plate bending allowing the u bolts to loosen up. Even my 1/2" thick plates have a bit of a bend in them.

Your lucky your driveshaft didnt take your transmission with it!!! When mine fell out it broke the transmission in half. lol

Back