• Register Today It's free!

questions about a lift

Darkside76

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Ranger XLT
ok..im new to the explorer scene...just got mine about 6 months ago and im just getting around starting to work on it. i have a 97 eddie bauer 4dr, v8 with all wheel drive. i was wondering what kindof lift kits are available for my truck? i wanna end up running 35s, would this be realistic or not without doing a SAS?

sure you can, check out ExplorerDMB's truck, he has a 4" suspension lift and 3" body lift and looks to me like he could fit 35's, probably with minor trimming or even fiberglass fenders. it is possible it will just take some lifting but not necessarily SAS

ya but you will definately be better off doing an SAS in the long run...your front axles won't like the 35's for too long...wheel bearing's, balljoint's, etc. will all wear out A LOT faster than you would expect....just something to think about....but by all means lift it!

hey dave....nice avatar...i like it!!!

BigDave!!! said:
sure you can, check out ExplorerDMB's truck, he has a 4" suspension lift and 3" body lift and looks to me like he could fit 35's, probably with minor trimming or even fiberglass fenders. it is possible it will just take some lifting but not necessarily SAS

With the 33's I am running right now I am rubbing a tad at full lock (sometimes). If my main goal was to fit 35's, I would do a Torsion Twist and Shackles in the rear and stick with a small 35 taller. Stay away from Super Swampers, Intercos, Dirt Grips, etc. Stick with the BFGoodrich and Pro Comps, etc.

-Drew

Back