Questions on Lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions on Lift

Marco2011

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey guys, I have been reading on this site to help me out with my lift and i needed to ask a few questions. Im gonna go 3 body. But here is the question, i found these 4 inch coil spring( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/S...ear|1994|Make|FORD|Model|EXPLORER&prefilter=1) online and was wondering. If i install the 4 inch on front would I only have to drop the pitman arms? Im also planning on putting 2.5 AAL on the back ( I know the front would be higher but thats just my style).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also if i added shackles on the back could i get maybe a 3.5 inch lift in the back and fit 33/11.50/15 with some wheel spacers? Or no wheel spacers?

If i install the 4 inch on front would I only have to drop the pitman arms?

with 4 inch coils in front, you also need drop brackets for your ttb and radius arms (or extended radius arms). and longer shocks and brake lines. In addition to a drop pitman arm. Long story short, a BL is simpler but a suspension lift offers improved flex in addition to room for bigger tires.

also if i added shackles on the back could i get maybe a 3.5 inch lift in the back and fit 33/11.50/15 with some wheel spacers? Or no wheel spacers?

Instead of adding a bunch of things like AAls and shackles to your leaf pack, you could just buy 4" lift leaves and be done with it. And no, you don't need spacers. FYI I have 33x12.5s on just a 2" suspension lift. I trimmed enough so that I don't rub anything. You'll be fine with a 4" lift and 33s.

So it might be simplier to just buy a full 4 inch lift kit? Also if I have been hearing around that If you replace the coil seats you can get a small lift. Is that true?

yes, a 4 inch kit is simpler and you can gain a 1.5" lift with f150 coil seats. look those up on here.

This may not be the right place for this but I need info/help. I have a 1992 EB Explorer that is showing the "dread" driver's side sag. Can I add a single leaf booster to this or do I need a complete spring. A 2" lift would be "ok" but I don't plan on any real Off-Road experiences (I'm 76) but do enjoy doing my own auto work and the occasional trip with the Misses to Mojave land. Any suggestions out there?

try swapping your springs from the passenger side to the driver side. I've heard that can fix the problem.

Back