• Register Today It's free!

Rack and pinion

Kayvan

Reaction score
City, State
Columbi, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
So my mechanic diagnosted my car and I need a new rack and pinion, dealer part is 1500 but I can get this at autozone for $580 without active park assist. My question is does this work on my car if I don’t want the self park which doesn’t work anyway, it gives a fault error
Has anyone used the rack and pinion without active park assist on a 2011 limited 2wd ?

So my mechanic diagnosted my car and I need a new rack and pinion, dealer part is 1500 but I can get this at autozone for $580 without active park assist. My question is does this work on my car if I don’t want the self park which doesn’t work anyway, it gives a fault error
Has anyone used the rack and pinion without active park assist on a 2011 limited 2wd ?
Have you had the Park Assist "fault" diagnosed? I had that on my 2011 shortly after I got it and turned out to be a faulty sensor. The only issue I can see with installing the rack and pinion without the active park assist would be that when you sell/trade it, the new owner would not be able to use that feature that came with the vehicle. Do you have a part number?

Peter

Although it could be a simple sensor fix, I dont care for not having a park assist now or later,
here is the part number from dealer quote for $1500 - bb5z3504k
and this is auto zone part number without park assist $591 - ER1001
https://www.autozone.com/suspension...tic-automotive-rack-pinion/750371_896473_6207
autozone link shows this under vehicle fitment so I cant imagine all these cars have park assist, they are all 2011-2012 only
Browse to find other vehicles this part fits:
Ford (15)[Start Over]

Back