Ranger Grill | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Grill

Reaction score
City, State
Clemson and Orangeburg, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4dr
Ive seen rangers with explorer grills (89-92 rangers with 91-94 explorer grills) but has anyone ever seen Explorers with ranger grills? I want to do that to mine but would like to hear some opinions first.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought about doing the same thing after I busted my grille last winter, but after looking I decided that I liked the Explorer grille better than the Ranger. But that's my oppinion. The way I see it if you like it go for it.

There is an Explorer in town that has a ranger grill. If you ask me it make the the Explorer look older.

I was thinking of putting one of those black ranger grilles that have the Ford emblem in the middle, or maybe the one that has the emblem in the lower drivers side corner. I think it would look cool. I agree with Kris in that it would make it look older, but I happen to think that that is good.

It will fit and that's what I'm going to do as soon as I can find one. I've had the hardest time trying to find on for a resonable price. I had a '91 ranger and I like that grill better than the X grill.

i'm not sure what the ranger grills look like but why not try to find a navajo grill? i think they actually make the navajo's look newer than the same year explorers, not as boxy. of course i have a biased opinion though. but then you would have to cover up the mazda name. so i answered my own question. it might be doable though....?

Cost of Grill

JC Whitney has them for 60 bucks....I dont know if thats good or not and if JC can be trusted....also would it have the FORD Symbol on it from JC whitney?

Does anyone have a pic of the Ranger grille by any chance?

With the Navajo grill you would have to relocate your turn signals, as well as replacing the entire headlamp assembly. The Ranger grill should be a direct swap in.

I like the ranger grill. I had a parts truck explorer with a ranger grill. Even though it was smashed pretty good on the left side, the grill looked pretty sharp.

Back