Rausch Creek: July 19-20 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek: July 19-20

Damn you Josh. I wish my day job involved being in a garage. :(

Btw, what time are we meeting Saturday morning? I've got about a 2 hour drive, so maybe we should shoot for 10-10:30 am or so?

I love working in a shop. I just wish I got paid more for it! I also love fabricating and modifing, I wish I could do it for a living or even devote some time to it on the side for a little extra money.

I also have over a two hour drive. Are we meeting at RC, or another spot? Also what time?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey man, what you do behind closed doors in the privacy of your home is none of our business. :p:

I knew someone was gonna take a cheap shot! I just didn't think it'd be you! LOL:p:

I couldn't pass that one up. :D

I say we just meet at the RC staging area, probably the easiest thing for everyone. Everyone who needs to sign up can sign up there, buy day passes, disconnect swaybars, etc, etc.

9-9:30 works for me, too.

Can everyone please PM me their cell #s, I'll make a list and PM them back to everyone.

What kinds of food do we want to do Saturday night?

I say campfire grillin' all the way. Someone wanna bring lighter fluid, someone burgers, someone hotdogs? We can spit it all up.

I say campfire grillin' all the way. Someone wanna bring lighter fluid, someone burgers, someone hotdogs? We can spit it all up.

I'll bring Hotdogs, buns, ketchup/mustard, some paper plates

AWRR... I haveta work and I can't afford it :( :( :( You guys have fun, take lotsa pix!

*subscribing* :popcorn:

Next time, Spas.

I'll pick up a small pack of burgers & buns, lighter fluid, and matches.

For lunch both days, pack for yourself and don't worry about it. Dinner Saturday night we will do community after we set camp.

Well, it looks like I'll miss this trip. Just returned from a business trip and have some family commitments over the weekend. Unfortunately, I can't be gone all weekend and can't justify a one day run with the driving distance involved.

Hate to miss it, but hope all goes well and will try to join you on a future trip...

Sorry to hear, Paul. Next time man.

We down to 5? Anyone have some sort of grilling surface to put across the fire for the food? Otherwise it's gonna be hot dogs on sticks. Haha.

Alright, I got the burgers and buns and stuff. I'll be out for the next few hours but should be checking in before I get to bed. If anyone has any requests or any other notes, fire away before roughly 11:00 tonight.

If you guys that are going could PM me your phone numbers tonight before 11 that would be great. It's good to be able to get in contact.

If you want or need my phone number, please PM me and I'll shoot it back before I go to bed.

Anyone have some sort of grilling surface to put across the fire for the food? Otherwise it's gonna be hot dogs on sticks. Haha.

I can bring the grates from my grill and some angle iron, If you guys have high-lifts (we need four, I have one) we can make a dope bbq system that will get the beef high enough off the flame....

I have 2 jack stands!

What else do we need for sat. dinner?

Is anybody bringing ride a longs?

Also, I dont think john is comming either. I dont think he got a truck yet.

You can drink in the park, just not while your drivin':D

The camping is to the right of the entrance to the park, as soon as you hit the gravel, its on the right. Try to keep the camp fires in the fire rings, the area from what I've heard is really dry. You can drink alcohol but not on the trails.

For trails, as a group on the I'd run the following trails: (all are blue/greens
Trail 2, upper 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 14.
Trail 2 has a bypass for the harder blue stuff.
Trail 3 has some rocks
Trail 4 has rocks, dips, fish tank/bowls (the one Spas blew a tire on)
Trail 8 has some rocks with bypasses for harder stuff
Trail 10 is a old logging trail that is rutted

If you go to the front desk and ask them what trails to run for green/blues, they'll gladly help. Just remember that going to the southern property area, the S trail is one way, go slow just in case people are going the wrong way so you don't have a head on collision. A few runs ago we almost had a head on with a park official when Spas was going the wrong way..

A few runs ago we almost had a head on with a park official when Spas was going the wrong way..

Me and jake ran into an officer going the wrong way onetime, he didnt give us any trouble. Its very easy to go backwards on that trail, the entrance is easily missed.

Check out the new trail 22

Good lunch spot

upl1686439492.jpg

Also O trail is very cool, good place to avoid crowds and stay cool. But very cool black lines along the way to drool over and keep Zapper happy. :D

I can bring the grates from my grill and some angle iron, If you guys have high-lifts (we need four, I have one) we can make a dope bbq system that will get the beef high enough off the flame....

I will be bringing my Hi-Lift as well.

I also don't think John is in for this one, the truck deal fell through last I heard..

Thanks for the info Blee and sn0.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why did I just hear my name twice...

Don't haul @$$ through the park, and don't wander off by yourself even if you're just waiting for the rest of the group to catch up. Been yelled at for both :rolleyes:

And Ben, it's a Tank TRAP, not a fish bowl, you ass
thefinger2.gif

Back