Rausch Creek: July 19-20 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek: July 19-20

And Ben, it's a Tank TRAP, not a fish bowl, you ass
thefinger2.gif

Its a fish tank/bowl.. After all you were in it :D :mattmoon:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I had a lotta fun yesterday. I ended up coming home last night because I haven't slept well and felt sick (still feel like crap despite 11 hours of sleep), but Zapper and V8BB should be out there running trails as we speak.

It was great getting to wheel with Zapper and the Haze after seeing them on the site for so long. That is one helluva rig, especially with the doubler - sonuvabitch was idling over giant rocks. Aaron (V8BB) was FEARLESS on the trails, trying a ton of stuff that Zapper and a Jeeper who tagged along with us were running. I *****ed out on a lot of things as I'm not to confident in the ground clearance with my BL as opposed to Aaron's Superlift. Not to mention my 4wd is screwed up and makes a horrible machine gun-like sound when pushed hard (the shaking from whatever was slipping caused my bumper mounted PIAAs to loosen and point different directions - they weren't tiny pops...). But yea, Aaron really beat the hell out of his newly lifted rig. I have some nice pictures as does he.

Anyway, all in all it was a great afternoon, I'll have my pictures posted up possibly later tonight, and I hope they have more fun out there today and everyone gets home safe.

Speaking of which, we're all a bit worried about Josh who has always been reliable but never showed up and never even returned calls and a voicemail. Hope you're OK Josh, please check in with us.

Great weekend of wheeling!!!

Had a blast spotting V8BB. He did great for no lockers. Just need to stiffen the torsion bars and understand SLOW!!!

Sucked about your rig Jason. Next time you can take some of the harder lines.

HPIM0447.jpg

HPIM0448.jpg

HPIM0449.jpg

HPIM0450.jpg

Happened again today Jason! Need to make something better.
HPIM0457.jpg

Great weekend of wheeling!!!

Had a blast spotting V8BB. He did great for no lockers. Just need to stiffen the torsion bars and understand SLOW!!!

"OK, bring it down slow....sloooooow."
*CRUNCH*
"I'd hate to see your fast..."

Hahahaha

Sucked about your rig Jason. Next time you can take some of the harder lines.

Yea, I was a bit disappointed, especially at the end after seeing Aaron conquer that rock pile on the comp course, I wanted to give it a try. Maybe next time.

Happened again today Jason! Need to make something better.

Oh man! Maybe I cursed you by saying that I was surprised you popped it 10 minutes in and then it behaved ALL day. Sorry! ;)

BTW, could you email me the hi-res version of those two shots of my rig on the steps? Email addy is Paraphoe@yahoo.com.

Thanks man, and again, great time wheeling with ya, we'll have to do it again sometime, maybe after I convince Aaron to sell me his superlift for cheap. ;) :thumbsup:

"OK, bring it down slow....sloooooow."
*CRUNCH*
"I'd hate to see your fast..."

Well, Zapper gives a whole new meaning to slow with the gears on his rig. Those of us with only one t-case have a little less power.

The weekend was awesome, thanks again for the spotting, Zapper. The truck preformed superbly, although there are quite a few bugs I need to work out to make her better, which I'll go over in my buildup thread.

I didn't take too many photos since I was having such a blast driving.

Here's me on the rockpile:
IMG_6715.jpg

IMG_6714.jpg

IMG_6713.jpg

"Buzzard" from Keystone Crawlers (a FSB on 35s) disappeared down this hole, and then I followed:
IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6723.jpg

Here are my pics:

Joe, the Jeeper we wheeled with day one:

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

And Aaron on the rocks:

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

Haze:

IMG_0937.jpg

More Aaron on the trails:

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

Aaron and I back at the camping area:

IMG_0972.jpg

ZAPPER underneath his truck checking for carnage. The man doesn't need a lift, just a rock bowl. :D

IMG_0971.jpg

Wow looking good there guys -- sunshine and all!

I knew you'd like that one Zapper. :D

And yea, the weather was great. Little bit hot, but that's better than wet and rainy.

I'd take wet and rainy, actually ;) You guys make me proud, y'all look great out there! Jason, you sure you don't have heat exhaustion? Sucks that you weren't feeling well. Glad you guys had fun!!

I'd take wet and rainy, actually ;) You guys make me proud, y'all look great out there! Jason, you sure you don't have heat exhaustion? Sucks that you weren't feeling well. Glad you guys had fun!!

No heat exhaustion, I just didn't sleep for more than 3 hours for the 3 nights or so leading up to Saturday and felt myself falling apart little by little. I just need to catch up on sleep and I'll be alright.

Zapper likes to go fast as well, right around the 3 min mark.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vE8wJU1W5jo

I wish we would of gotten some pics of that hill climb, there was some 2wheelin going on at times. :D

Get that powersteering worked out?

His powersteering was crapping in and out on him when I was there late in the day.

Where ya getting your pump from, Zapper? My best bud and I figured out yesterday that something's wrong with the bypass valve on mine... it only craps out on me under load, but spins fine when the truck's in neutral :fart:

. Not to mention my 4wd is screwed up and makes a horrible machine gun-like sound when pushed hard (the shaking from whatever was slipping caused my bumper mounted PIAAs to loosen and point different directions - they weren't tiny pops...)

Sounds like its time to do the Manual 1354 swap... I remember when I was there coming out of the one mudhole after I was almost stuck, it sounded like my TC was about to grenade itself, the horrible sound of gears grinding...:eek:. But all I did was shut her down and restart her and never heard a peep from it again. But in your case with the way you push your rig and your tire size I think it may be time to do the upgrade. Looks like it was a lot of fun though, definitely would not want to bring my new ride out on to some of the stuff you were in.

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like its time to do the Manual 1354 swap... I remember when I was there coming out of the one mudhole after I was almost stuck, it sounded like my TC was about to grenade itself, the horrible sound of gears grinding...:eek:. But all I did was shut her down and restart her and never heard a peep from it again. But in your case with the way you push your rig and your tire size I think it may be time to do the upgrade. Looks like it was a lot of fun though, definitely would not want to bring my new ride out on to some of the stuff you were in.

Dan

Yea, it might be time. I'll have to look into it. Aaron has offered to help me do the swap. By the way, thanks again for the roof rack cross bars. With 4 up there supporting the roof rack and tire, I had no issues. Remember in Sept. when my tire started caving my roof in? haha.

Back