Real Buttons for MFT? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Real Buttons for MFT?

Real Buttons for MFT

• Gimme some real buttons, Now!

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Buttons? We don't need no stinkin' buttons!

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Stop picking on it, it's fine the way it is.

Votes: 32 47.1%

• Total voters

Lol, digging up the old threads! I like it.

Having had the opportunity to play with MFT at the dealership again (we haven't taken the plunge yet), I tried working over the voice commands a bit more. What I found most annoying was how long it took the system to be ready to accept a command. I haven't yet had the opportunity to do much testing as to finding how quickly it could respond to a command after the button press.

One thing I was impressed with was its ability to correctly interpret commands with a lot of noise in the background. It was a hot Houston day and we had both doors open on the MKX (happen to be sitting in one at the Ford/Lincoln dealership), with the rather loud noise of a busy freeway right in front of us. The system never skipped a beat. I thought that was pretty cool.

As for the specific command about temperature change that I had in my previous post, my friend's U-verse had a Lincoln channel appear that was all about the MKX. It had various videos to watch and other things. In one of the videos, the actor pressed the voice button and said "Climate, driver temperature 7X degrees", and the system responded. I can't remember the exact wording, but it was very close to that. Haven't found the video anywhere else, but it seems to me that the majority of the capabilities of the voice command system are simply unknown. What is needed is a big book of voice commands so the system can be used to the fullest.

While I still want my real buttons and switches, I am impressed with the capabilities of the voice command system. Now if Ford can improve the responsiveness of the system (i.e. - immediate system readiness after pressing the button), I think it could be something that I not only can live with, but actually enjoy using.

Wow, that turned into a freakin' novel, sorry about that.

Happy Driving.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As for the specific command about temperature change that I had in my previous post, my friend's U-verse had a Lincoln channel appear that was all about the MKX. It had various videos to watch and other things. In one of the videos, the actor pressed the voice button and said "Climate, driver temperature 7X degrees", and the system responded. I can't remember the exact wording, but it was very close to that. Haven't found the video anywhere else, but it seems to me that the majority of the capabilities of the voice command system are simply unknown. What is needed is a big book of voice commands so the system can be used to the fullest.

Happy Driving.

If you ever want to see videos for voice commands and such, you can visit:

http://www.SYNCMyRide.com/Own/touch

Or, the next time you are browsing the car lot, do this:

Touch Menu > Help > Voice command list

I will submit your request for a book of voice commands as an Efficiency Proposal. Maybe one day you'll see it in a glove box near you! ;)

Rebecca

Cool, thanks Rebecca. I'll check out the link.

If they do make a listing, have 'em slap it into a PDF, searchable and tree saving. Plus, they never make the glove boxes big enough anyways! :D

Lol, digging up the old threads! I like it.

Having had the opportunity to play with MFT at the dealership again (we haven't taken the plunge yet), I tried working over the voice commands a bit more. What I found most annoying was how long it took the system to be ready to accept a command. I haven't yet had the opportunity to do much testing as to finding how quickly it could respond to a command after the button press.

One thing I was impressed with was its ability to correctly interpret commands with a lot of noise in the background. It was a hot Houston day and we had both doors open on the MKX (happen to be sitting in one at the Ford/Lincoln dealership), with the rather loud noise of a busy freeway right in front of us. The system never skipped a beat. I thought that was pretty cool.

While I still want my real buttons and switches, I am impressed with the capabilities of the voice command system. Now if Ford can improve the responsiveness of the system (i.e. - immediate system readiness after pressing the button), I think it could be something that I not only can live with, but actually enjoy using.

Wow, that turned into a freakin' novel, sorry about that.

Happy Driving.

Hey, Just checked out the syncmyride site, and it says its definitely possible.
It says "You can use voice commands to control most aspects of Climate in SYNC® with MyFord Touch™/MyLincoln Touch™. These commands are as simple as asking for "Max A/C" on a hot summer day, or "Temperature 75 degrees" on a cold winter night."

Nice to see another Houstonian on the site.

Hey, Just checked out the syncmyride site, and it says its definitely possible.
It says "You can use voice commands to control most aspects of Climate in SYNC® with MyFord Touch™/MyLincoln Touch™. These commands are as simple as asking for "Max A/C" on a hot summer day, or "Temperature 75 degrees" on a cold winter night."

Nice to see another Houstonian on the site.

LOL, I think the folks at Planet Ford are tired of us playing with their cars! They are now down to 2 2011 and 1 2010 model.

Where in Houston are ya?

Rockin' it in Spring!

Happy Driving.

LOL, I think the folks at Planet Ford are tired of us playing with their cars! They are now down to 2 2011 and 1 2010 model.

Where in Houston are ya?

Rockin' it in Spring!

Happy Driving.

Same here, We went to Tomball ford to check them out, and I think I asked too many questions. Made him show everything, from the parallel parking to the automatic key start lol.

Cypress here!

Ive been debating on whether to get the 2011 Explorer, seeing all the problems on the forum.

I just want 1 additional and RealFeel (tm) :) button that says: "Restart Car".

It's a real pain in the butt now to have to open the hood, find a wrench and pull off the positive lead from the battery, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back on.

Going into a car dealership is also a pain in the butt, when the quick workaround is to just uh ... reboot the car?

I've never had to reboot a car before :) :) :)

My issues todate has been: blank screen, traction control malfunction, navigation system malfunction, radio that was off coming on to AM after a phone call ends.

I finally broke down and took it to the dealer, had to stay overnight with a crappy Toyota Camry loaner.

Back